PDA

View Full Version : Has this ever happened to you? What to do

Pat'sPerfectLawnService
04-10-2010, 05:08 PM
Hey everyone, i have a toro edger/trimmer that is dieing on me. I found out the problem but i dont know how to fix it. when i go to put the edger away for the day, and i go to get it for the next time i use it, it doesnt start. well when i try to start the edger it wont start and is spitting out gas from the exhaust. then i would take the spark plug out and i pulled it a couple times and it was spitting gas out the spark plug hole. this has been happening the past couple months. after i get the spark plug out and pull it to get the gas out of were ever it is, i put the spark plug back in and couple pulls it will start. i took the carb apart a clean it, even though it wasnt that dirty. i put it back together and it started and ran "ok" but not good. so i keep it in the garage and put a paper towel underneath it to see if it would leak gas. guess what, IT DID. i took the air filter off and held it wide open, not running, and saw that gas it just sitting in the carb all the time. do you know what to do to fix it? need help. and yes i know it a toro handheld, so its not that great of equipment, but it was getting the job done for me. i was trying to find what this maybe and i found a place that said it might be the float needle but im not sure. advice would be most appreciated.

K/B
04-10-2010, 05:48 PM
Get a rebuild kit for it, sounds like the needle valve is leaking.

Pat'sPerfectLawnService
04-10-2010, 09:37 PM
Get a rebuild kit for it, sounds like the needle valve is leaking.

ok, thanks for the help. your the only one that care :laugh:

GrassIsGreenerLawnCare
04-10-2010, 11:50 PM
ya, i read a thread about HYDRO LOCKING and fuel spits out of sprak plug and exhaust holes when this happens. People say putting a on/off switch in the fuel line will prevent this from happening, but like he said, the needle valve in the carb is stuck/leaky

Pat'sPerfectLawnService
04-11-2010, 12:07 AM
ya, i read a thread about HYDRO LOCKING and fuel spits out of sprak plug and exhaust holes when this happens. People say putting a on/off switch in the fuel line will prevent this from happening, but like he said, the needle valve in the carb is stuck/leaky

Well when I took the carb apart I sprayed some carb cleaner or somrething up into the hole that leads to the needle valve, so I don't think it's stuck I think it's broken/leaky.
Posted via Mobile Device

sharkey
04-11-2010, 01:02 AM
Pat,
What kind of engine is on the unit?

thomask
04-11-2010, 01:07 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Pat'sPerfectLawnService
04-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Pat,
What kind of engine is on the unit?

it a recoil start, 25cc engine. nothing much, just an average edger.

Pat'sPerfectLawnService
04-11-2010, 06:04 PM
I have taking apart the carb again and played withe the needle value and i get suckshin *spl?* and it seems to work how it should. i bet if i put it back together it will start up just right and next time i go to use it, it wont start. i might buy a new carb for it but im not sure if that will fix the problem

DT Lawn Care
04-11-2010, 08:52 PM
I have taking apart the carb again and played withe the needle value and i get suckshin *spl?* and it seems to work how it should. i bet if i put it back together it will start up just right and next time i go to use it, it wont start. i might buy a new carb for it but im not sure if that will fix the problem

Suction. Sounds like you need to rebuild your carb or else just buy a new one. I hope it works out, normally they will run fine, but will be flooded out when you get to the next lawn when this occurs.

Pat'sPerfectLawnService
04-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Suction. Sounds like you need to rebuild your carb or else just buy a new one. I hope it works out, normally they will run fine, but will be flooded out when you get to the next lawn when this occurs.

what should i do to rebuild my carb? like new gaskets, what else?