PDA

View Full Version : flea and tick control on dogs

fastcat
04-10-2010, 06:24 PM
does anyone spray permethrin on there dogs instead of using advantage or advantix since its the same ingredient. if so how are you applying it.

bx24
04-10-2010, 07:37 PM
Nope. I spray talstar around my yard (1.5 acres: on the line) and feed garlic in there food. With 2 show dogs and 1 non-show...yea it works.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
04-10-2010, 08:45 PM
does anyone spray permethrin on there dogs instead of using advantage or advantix since its the same ingredient. if so how are you applying it.

Actually, Advantix has Imidicloprid in it as well, & Advantage is only Imidicloprid.....

That being said, I would not try it. Formulation could be totally different. And, it is illigal to apply it not in accordance to labeling:waving:

fastcat
04-10-2010, 08:57 PM
the label states that you can apply it to dogs. i think it is a quarter ouncde per pint and spray it lightly. the drop stuff i used last time had permethrin only in it same active ingred % and all.

bx24
04-10-2010, 09:22 PM
For me, I could careless on the label deal...People push that way to much here; Hence why I still use Confront etc....LMAO....

But why would you want to put that stuff on a dog? There are better ways to fight this issue...Look around

ted stevens
04-11-2010, 03:26 PM
there's even a spray you can you around the house, although it's expensive....

SeedPro
04-11-2010, 04:28 PM
For me, I could careless on the label deal...People push that way to much here; Hence why I still use Confront etc....LMAO....

But why would you want to put that stuff on a dog? There are better ways to fight this issue...Look around

lol.....you noticed that too, eh?

I use sevin to dust down the dogs and cats now and then. If you look at flea and tick powder it's carbaryl....or Sevin, but they want 10 bucks for a few ounces when you can buy 5 lbs for the same price at Lowes.

Confront is god awful expensive. 150 a gallon I believe.

Ric
04-11-2010, 04:53 PM
http://www.zoecon.com/precor.htm

corbster
04-11-2010, 07:39 PM
there's even a spray you can you around the house, although it's expensive....

CrossCheck is not expensive but not sure you can put it on an Animal.
You can spray it indoor or outdoor. Then again, I don't know what your Expensive is.

fastcat
04-11-2010, 09:55 PM
i know that a vet will advise a permitherin dip or bath if a dog is coverd in fleas and ticks and the label also has rates for spraying farm animals so i guess it is 100% ok to use for this pourpose.

ted stevens
04-13-2010, 01:18 PM
yeah, the frontline "spray" is a very small can for , like, about 40 bucks.... good stuff, though......you can use it indoors.....

bx24
04-13-2010, 05:58 PM
yeah, the frontline "spray" is a very small can for , like, about 40 bucks.... good stuff, though......you can use it indoors.....

But why use it? I would love to put that on my dogs with <1 YO petting the dogs....NOT

Ric
04-13-2010, 08:25 PM
http://www.zoecon.com/precor.htm

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/msds/petcor_productLabel.pdf

There are several different Flea & Tick preventive sprays on the Market. The important issue to remember is to rotate them and not stay with the same mode of action. If you are worried about contaminating your pet, then don't treat your child when they get Head Lice at Pre School. The Head Lice treatment is twice as toxic as Flea & Tick Treatment.

IMHO Zoecon makes the most complete pesticides for controlling Fleas & Ticks. That is why I gave a link to their website. Outside treatment should be at high volumes of carrier and at least 20 ft high on down. BTW High volume carrier as in 10 gallon per thousands