PDA

View Full Version : Leaky solo backpack sprayer

kirk1701
04-11-2010, 08:45 AM
Hey all
I posted this in the cleaning round-up sprayer thread but it got overlooked.

I have a solo backpack sprayer which wants to leak but only with the adjustable nozzle. Any quick fix?

Think Green
04-11-2010, 08:54 AM
Not sure where exactly are you leaking but all of the wand and nozzle assemblies, I use teflon tape. Fixes by problems.!!!! If you have those quick clip fan nozzle couplers by Teejet, then get another coupler,screen and viton o-ring.

kirk1701
04-11-2010, 09:02 AM
Not sure where exactly are you leaking but all of the wand and nozzle assemblies, I use teflon tape. Fixes by problems.!!!! If you have those quick clip fan nozzle couplers by Teejet, then get another coupler,screen and viton o-ring.

Think I'll try the Teflon tape, worth a try. But it's the tip thats leaking and what pisses me off is its just this adjustable tip. My other tips don't leak but the other tips are wrong for my use, either to wide a pattern or just a squat

Think Green
04-11-2010, 09:05 AM
Yes, My individual tip inserts do leak as well. I use the Teejet--8005V with quick coupler.

kirk1701
04-11-2010, 09:18 AM
Yes, My individual tip inserts do leak as well. I use the Teejet--8005V with quick coupler.

Ahh great, sounds like its a design flaw. I took the last one back to Lowes last fall because the shoulder strap just shreaded, I mean the end just looked like a rat chewed it :laugh:

I still have the receipt and lowes is pretty good about taking things back.

Have a link to the Teejet--8005V? See what the prices are I might give um a try

kirk1701
04-13-2010, 09:59 AM
OK seems I just can't :realmad:win!!

I took the sprayer back to Lowes and exchanged it, guess what?

This one is leaking at the bottom, little drops when I pump and I can feel the drops hit the back of my legs :hammerhead:

I traced the leak down, its around what I think is the piston, that round cylinder looking thing underneath the tank.

Any idea's guys?