PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a used skid sprayer. Any advice?

maelawncare
04-11-2010, 02:55 PM
Well i finally upgraded from my synergy sprayer to a lesco 200 gal skid. Man what a upgrade. :D i am stoked. It has a few slow drips on 1 line and the gearbox leaks some fluid. But other than that it runs great.

I used it for the first time today. Sprayed out 50 gallons with speedzone and it went along smoothly. I used the lightest amount possible as i didnt want it too hot since im still learning the sprayer. It has the chem lawn gun with the yellow tip.

Is there any tips or common advice to using these? I need to get the leak fixed on the gear box and redo the line that is dripping to stop that. But that will come later.

RigglePLC
04-11-2010, 05:37 PM
Don't let the oil (90 w gear lube) get low in the gearbox--rather expensive to replace. Makes a horrible noise when the gears are stripping out. Should be high enough so there is slight drainage out the oil check plug, when it is removed.

maelawncare
04-11-2010, 08:03 PM
Don't let the oil (90 w gear lube) get low in the gearbox--rather expensive to replace. Makes a horrible noise when the gears are stripping out. Should be high enough so there is slight drainage out the oil check plug, when it is removed.

Ok good to know. I dont know if its cause of new oil or just the fact that its low but i cant see the oil on the dip stick.

Anyone know where i can get new seals for the gearbox?

SeedPro
04-11-2010, 09:14 PM
You need to fix the leak yesterday and I personally would have flushed the entire sprayer hose and pump out before I sprayed it in anything. You never know what residues are in there or what it was used for last.

And you damn well better see some oil on the dipstick, or you need new glasses or more oil!

jasontimm
04-11-2010, 11:12 PM
you can get the seals through john deere landscapes, or search google by using your pump make and model, i just rebuilt my hypro d30 on mine, it was pretty simple, i had water going into my gear case, and a small leak. good luck

Westbrooklawn
04-12-2010, 08:05 AM
Not to hi-jack this thread, but I bought an older used 200 gal. Lesco sprayer that needed a new motor and pump (previous owner had used it to spray clorox mix to clean houses and it ate the pump up, and spillage/spray also corroded the valves, etc.). I replaced the pump and motor, and replumbed everything... the power reel and hose was fine, and I couldn't imagine the gearbox being damaged since it is sealed and had oil in it. Now I crank it up to test and the gearbox is noisy and is leaking on the motor shaft end. That gearbox is a bear to take apart... short turn allen head cap screws, etc.

Anyway... it appears I need a rebuild of the gearbox... how difficult and what would the cost be?... since it appears others have done this, I thought someone might have an answer.