PDA

View Full Version : Replacment trailer gates

rungreen
04-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Does anyone one make or sell replacment gates for open trailers. Its on a gatormade 6ft gate, I havent called them yet but I sure they will be expensive.

rcslawncare
04-11-2010, 09:26 PM
Id go to a fab shop. Its a fairly easy thing to do and they can do one and reinforce the way you want it. Got a quote for a 5ft gate to replace my 4ft bi-fold and it was only $260 painted, a little more if I wanted powder coated. Don't know since I haven't went forward yet, but it seems a little better than getting a basic gate from a manufacture.

rungreen
04-11-2010, 10:04 PM
rcslawncare, what shop do you go to? I am only about 50 miles north, there is only one welding /fab shop with 25-30 miles and its nothing great, they kind of have an attitude problem.

rcslawncare
04-12-2010, 12:38 AM
Honestly, I don't remember the name, friends cousin owns the shop, ill talk to him the week and see what the name and number for you. he does a lot of sheet metal work, lots of cool custom cars and such. He also does air ride so clean you would think it is factory. Crazy stuff!! to give you an idea of the drive, its on the corner of Stalely and Springfield, in Champaign.