PDA

View Full Version : Pythium & Brown Patch in Northeast

tremor
06-28-2002, 11:13 AM
They're back again. Today will bring a reduction in pressure. If anyone intends to keep turf clean in SE NY or CT, today is probably the last day for effective preventative results.

I've seen Pythium on young turf seeded this spring. Brown Patch is kicking wherever the air cirulation is limited by structure.

Anyone else?

Steve

Green Sweep
06-28-2002, 03:05 PM
Steve,

I'm also starting to see Pythium here in Pittsburgh. On that subject, does any one know of a granular fungicide that controls a broad spectrum of diseases like Pythium, Fusarium, and Dollar Spot. I've always used Mancozeb with pretty good results. Last year, I tried Lesco's Manhandle which I believe is Mancozeb & Bayleton. I also had good results with that but it is SO EXPENSIVE! I'm looking for a granular product so that all of my technicians can carry it on their trucks. I think that it is going to be a bad disease year.

tremor
06-28-2002, 09:28 PM
Green Sweep,

Scotts used to have Subdue/Bayleton as a combination granular. It was the only one of it's kind & possibly the only good reason that The Andersons "should" have bought the labels. Now I don't know if thee Andersons still make it or not.

I work for LESCO. Manhandle is Mancozeb plus Eagle. Nice Stuff. I sold 10 cases to NY Botanical Gardens just today.

Subdue is readily avaiable for pythium as a granular. But pythium is all it controls besides phytopthora on certain ornamentals.

My favorite combination for summer use is Mancozeb plus Prodigy. The two combined are the only 2 fungicides that synergize together to control more diseases than the sum of either of them can alone. An amazing combo, especially once disease becomes active. Only available as liquid sprays though.

Steve

grassguy_
06-29-2002, 03:31 PM
hey Tremor, might want to take a look at the "help ID mold" post above, looks like what you might be discussing now. Since Roscioli is pover your way it might be what your seeing now too!