PDA

View Full Version : Need help

Dogin
04-12-2010, 01:23 PM
I have an ATV Boomer Sprayer and need help figuring how much chemical to add for 2,4, - D and MSMA.

I have a 20 Gallon Tank with adjustable spray pressure.

I calibrated it at 107 feet at 7 mph and it took 14 secs to drive the course.

I collected 10 oz in 14 secs at 22 PSI.

How much MSMA should I add to the 20 gallon tank and how much 2,4,D?

Is there a formula I can use to figure this up?

Thanks for your help in advance!

BS1190
04-12-2010, 02:16 PM
I have an ATV Boomer Sprayer and need help figuring how much chemical to add for 2,4, - D and MSMA.

I have a 20 Gallon Tank with adjustable spray pressure.

I calibrated it at 107 feet at 7 mph and it took 14 secs to drive the course.

I collected 10 oz in 14 secs at 22 PSI.

How much MSMA should I add to the 20 gallon tank and how much 2,4,D?

Is there a formula I can use to figure this up?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Is that 10 oz per nozzle or total? How many nozzles do you have. What is the spray width?

Basically every product usually has how many Oz, Pints, or Quartz of product to use per 1000 sq ft or per acre on the label.

So you went 107 feet. But was is your spray widith? Lets just say that is 5 feet. So that would be 535 sq ft. If you product calls for 2 ounces per 1000, when you would want to put about 1 oz of product in per 10 oz of water.

At this point you need to determine if that is enough water to product ratio. Some products want you to put down 1 gal of solution per 1000 sq feet-others recommend 2-4 gal per 1000 sq ft. So you might have to adjust your psi up or down to spray down more/less water down in those 14 seconds. Or you can increase or decrease your speed.

Hope that helps. There is more than one way to calibrate but this is how I usually do it.

Dogin
04-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Collected 10 oz per nozzle. 6 tips. 38.5 inches between the tips (40 inches from the middle of the tips). Is that 10 oz per nozzle or total? How many nozzles do you have. What is the spray width?

Basically every product usually has how many Oz, Pints, or Quartz of product to use per 1000 sq ft or per acre on the label.

So you went 107 feet. But was is your spray widith? Lets just say that is 5 feet. So that would be 535 sq ft. If you product calls for 2 ounces per 1000, when you would want to put about 1 oz of product in per 10 oz of water.

At this point you need to determine if that is enough water to product ratio. Some products want you to put down 1 gal of solution per 1000 sq feet-others recommend 2-4 gal per 1000 sq ft. So you might have to adjust your psi up or down to spray down more/less water down in those 14 seconds. Or you can increase or decrease your speed.

Hope that helps. There is more than one way to calibrate but this is how I usually do it.
Posted via Mobile Device

dfischer
04-12-2010, 11:42 PM
Dogin:
I don't know nothin, so I'm probably wrong, but since I'm trying to figure out some of this out I looked at your thread. Not that it matter, but might some of those numbers be wrong? I won't even tell you how I came to "he empties his tank in 4 minutes?", or "Mix to three times recommended strength", but I can tell you 7mph isn't 107 in 14 seconds, In fact, that's like 25% off..

Hope I've not made a mess here..

BS1190
04-13-2010, 11:07 AM
you should now how to calibrate and mix properly if you have passed the licencing test. Perhaps you need to refer back to your study guide/manual.

RigglePLC
04-13-2010, 04:36 PM
Actually, one mph equals 88 feet per minute. So you are going 5.2 mph. Go a little slower until you have more experience. OK?

Find out how many sqft you cover in one minute. And how many ounces you apply in one minute.
6 nozzles at 38.5 wide--do you mean 231 inches wide?