PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Z throwing grass from front

groundsmechanic
04-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Anybody have a problem with an Exmark 60" Z or any other zero turn throwing grass from the front of the deck? If you mow with this thing you get covered with grass. It still discharges from the side like normal, but it also comes up over the front of the deck.

I have talked with Exmark about it and they just suggested making sure the deck was level left to right and front to back which it is (as best as can be for being so old.)

I am using blades that don't have much lift but it still doesn't help. I would rather get rid of the mower since it is really worn out but I don't think it is going to happen.

Any ideas?

piston slapper
04-12-2010, 03:34 PM
It sounds like reverse pitch on the deck. The blades need to be level, or slightly lower in the front. 1/4 inch lower works well. Being an older mower, the deck chains are probably worn pretty good.
To adjust the deck, get 4 pieces of lumber (4X4 cutoffs) , and place them under the outer blade tips., making sure the blades are front to back on the deck. Lower the deck onto the blocks, adjust the chains so that the rear of the blades is slightly higher in the back.