PDA

View Full Version : speedzone southern vs. triplet sensitive

grassmasterswilson
04-12-2010, 04:37 PM
In the past I have always used speedzone southern (green label) for my 1st 2 rounds. this year my dealer mentioned triplet sensitive. Not much difference in cost .... speedzone is about $9 more on fescue and $1.50 on bermuda per acre.

Any experience with these chemicals? Figured it might be good to switch up the chemicals instead of spraying the same thing all the time. I sure speedzone will work faster, but will it also work better?

not sure if it makes much difference but triplet doesn't have carfentrozon in it. the 24d amounts are pretty close and triplet has higher amounts of mecoprop and dicamba.

grassmasterswilson
04-13-2010, 06:39 AM
bump

Come on guys I'm not asking about rates, price, or how much water so I figured I would get a number of responses. Are these two your products of choice or do you like other products for southern fescue, bermuda, and centipede.

VARMIT COMMISSION
04-13-2010, 07:43 AM
Grassmasterwilson,

This is not the answer your asking for, but maybe this reply will stimulate some responses from objecting opinions. I would just use the old tried and true 24-d amine and if needed spike it with dicamba for those hard to control weeds, or a longer soil residual and quicksilver for a quicker kill and still be way cheaper per 1000 than the new "more gentle on the enviroment" triplett select product. I have the old timer mentality of if it aint broke dont fix it, keep it simple and keep that extra money in your pocket.
JMHO

grassmasterswilson
04-13-2010, 05:37 PM
thanks varmit!

hard to imagine that no one up here has any thoughts on these products either way. if i had aske about pricing or how much to spray people would have jumped down my throat. But a legit question.... nothing!

Young Bros
04-13-2010, 10:46 PM
We are in the north. Used triplet, trimec, & tripower in the past. Once we used Speed Zone Northern, we never switched back to the cheaper 3-ways. The 4-ways have less service calls and are rain fast quicker. We have now replaced Speed Zone with T-Zone, it works better on violets.

grassmasterswilson
04-14-2010, 09:20 PM
I have always had good results with speedzone and think I will be sticking with it. I did some label research and with triplet you need to spray different rates on fescue, centipede and bermuda. So you would have to mix different tanks. With speedzone you really only need to mix two - 1 for cool grass and 1 for warm.