PDA

View Full Version : Going from open to enclosed wiring question

CTmower
04-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Currently have a Big Tex single axle trailer and im looking into buying a enclosed dual axle trailer with electric brakes. I dont think my 04 F250 is wired up to support a trailer with electric brakes because it only has two smaller electrical options. IT has the 4 prong and a small circular connections and i currently only use the 4 prong with my Big Tex. What do I have to purchase or do to have my truck set up to pull the new enclosed trailer??? About how much will it cost to wire it up with the right connections??

CLARK LAWN
04-12-2010, 10:40 PM
put a pic up of the round conection

Jelinek61
04-13-2010, 05:19 PM
If the round connection has seven pins then it should be set up with an extra wire (usually blue but the brake controller instructions should tell you exactly) for the electric brakes. In that case you just need to wire your brake controller under the dash near the pedals.

CTmower
04-13-2010, 05:35 PM
Kind of answered my own question today.. My truck already has the right connection, just looked smaller then what I remember. The truck is also already wired for electric brakes I just have to buy the controller which plugs right into the factory harness under the dash. So after a new 2 5/16 ball ($15), brake controller ($120), and harness ($10) i should be ready to go!!!