PDA

View Full Version : front inner fender rust

lawnworker
06-03-2000, 05:29 PM
On my k10 4/4 truck on the inner fenders ther are these plates with 3 bolts in them that are rusting pretty bad on both left and right inner fenders does any body know if you can buy these plates any where and cut out the old ones and weld on new ones are is buying the whole inner fender the onley way to fix this it looks like the bolts go into the cab

JB
06-04-2000, 12:09 AM
Replacing the whole inner fender is the only way to go. I use body seam sealer to seal around the plate after I install the new inner fenders, this prevents water from getting behind the plate and causing rust. I have'nt had any rust on any of the fixes yet. Make sure you use O.E.M. parts, the aftermarket parts really do not fit well. JB

lawnworker
06-04-2000, 06:12 PM
thanks for the reply J.B. oem parts come from chevy only right? I saw jc whitney has them would they be considered after market parts

JB
06-04-2000, 08:54 PM
JC Whitney would be considered aftermarket parts. Having had a body shop for many years and using both O.E.M and aftermarket parts I found that the only way to go is with O.E.M..<br>Not only do the O.E.M. parts fit properly, they are also the correct gauge of steel and incorperate the proper strength needed for the application. I've seen aftermarket parts fail due to premature rust and incorrect stampings in bumpers and fenders. JB