PDA

View Full Version : Liquid fert VS. Granular

jeffchis
04-13-2010, 03:37 PM
For this summer I was thinking about going the route of liquid for my fert program, but what is the advantage or disadvantage of going with either? I would like to cut down on my water bill and was thinking the lawn would look better going with liquid vs. granular since it takes a decent amount of water to break it down. Any thoughts would be great! I already have a 15gal boom sprayer, so would just need the liquid fert to spray. By the way, I am in Atlanta, GA and my lawn is Bermuda.

jeff

unkownfl
04-13-2010, 03:49 PM
Liquid you don't have to water in. Liquid can be applied at different pressures for penetration or whatever you need it for. Cheaper to buy liquid. Better quality and overall looks with liquid IMO.

jeffchis
04-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Thanks! That was my thought that I didn't have to water it in. Not sure what you mean by different pressures for penetration though? The unit I bought does have a pressure monitor, but it's such a fine mist that comes out I am not sure pressure would make the fert go deeper in the soil would it?

Now a question is, where to buy and what should be an average cost say putting down the equivalent to about 2lbs per 1000sq ft of N and the grass size is right at 13,000sq ft.

Thanks

unkownfl
04-13-2010, 03:57 PM
Not sure of price, but John Deere Landscapes would be a good source for products. If you treat fungus or other sorts of lawn issues pressure is used. I'm not up to date with how everything is treated but I remember that.

jeffchis
04-13-2010, 04:03 PM
Okay, I will scope out my local JDL to see what their pricing would be. I haven't run into any fungus yet, just plenty of weeds to start the season off with that I have pretty under control after some 2,4-d being broadcast sprayed a couple of weeks ago.