PDA

View Full Version : Toro v Bad Boy v Ferris = ZTR decisions...

georgeyaj
04-13-2010, 06:11 PM
I need some opinions. I have about 4 acres of grass to mow at my new house. I don't know much about mowers but I just want a good machine that will last. I've been around to the locals dealers and here are my 3 finalists:

Bad Boy Pup 5200
31hp Kaw 52" deck
-I like the deck

Ferris IS 1500Z
25hp Kaw 52" deck
-I like the suspension

Toro Z Master Z400
21hp Kaw 52" deck
-I like the deck

They are about the same price range. The Bad Boy and Toro are from the same dealer that is about 5 miles away from my house. The Ferris dealer is about 20 miles away. Both dealers were very helpful and all 3 mowers seem to be great machines. I just want some opinions on them. Thanks!

dbear
04-13-2010, 06:39 PM
Don't have any direct experience with any of those models, but the order you listed them looks pretty good to me. Always been a believer in the motto "You can never have too much HP."

dfischer
04-14-2010, 01:45 AM
Use a JD 757 w/ a 60" deck, full-time mulch, 25hp. In spring there are times it can bog t can, in very very dense tall grass, begin to bog. cutting about 45-50" strips solves it.

I'd not want less then 25hp on a 52" deck.

My yard is pool table smooth.. I can fly. My neighbors is quite rough and is a hassle to cut on a z. I don't know that suspension would help, but..

Personally, I'd ask to try them all.

btw, which one is easier to get the deck off of?

lukem
04-14-2010, 08:54 AM
I need some opinions. I have about 4 acres of grass to mow at my new house. I don't know much about mowers but I just want a good machine that will last. I've been around to the locals dealers and here are my 3 finalists:

Bad Boy Pup 5200
31hp Kaw 52" deck
-I like the deck

Ferris IS 1500Z
25hp Kaw 52" deck
-I like the suspension

Toro Z Master Z400
21hp Kaw 52" deck
-I like the deck

They are about the same price range. The Bad Boy and Toro are from the same dealer that is about 5 miles away from my house. The Ferris dealer is about 20 miles away. Both dealers were very helpful and all 3 mowers seem to be great machines. I just want some opinions on them. Thanks!

I just bought a bad boy pup 6000 w/ 31 Kaw to mow my 4 acres. I couldn't be happier with it. The cut is great and it has tons of power to spare. I bought a low hour used one. I have about 10 hours of seat time on it and have no complaints.