PDA

View Full Version : Best options for low staining liquid chelated iron ?

Bluelude1
04-13-2010, 07:11 PM
I have been doing quite of bit of research on the options for a foliar application of liquid chelated iron and have had a tough time narrowing down the best options. I have heard some of the cheaper products are MORE inclined to stain (I realize they're all still iron), and I have also noticed that there can be a large variation in the amount of product needed for similar coverage 1-2oz (Roots FE8%) vs 32oz (Fertilome Liquid Iron) per 1,000 sqft of turf. Which obviously makes one generally more cost effective than the other.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Young Bros
04-13-2010, 09:40 PM
We use Feature WPS, it is packets we dump in our tank. It has 10% non staining Fe and a bunch of micro nutrients from Agrium. Lesco has some reduced staining Fe that looked expensive. It had NPK and no micros.

Bluelude1
04-13-2010, 10:06 PM
We use Feature WPS, it is packets we dump in our tank. It has 10% non staining Fe and a bunch of micro nutrients from Agrium. Lesco has some reduced staining Fe that looked expensive. It had NPK and no micros.

What would you say that product runs cost wise per 1000 sqft ?

Young Bros
04-13-2010, 10:16 PM
I cant remember I can check tomorrow.

Young Bros
04-13-2010, 10:39 PM
Ah I found it Feature WPS:
N 6% Mg 2% S 8% Fe 10% Mn 2.5%
(15) 3lb packs come in a case.
$3.50/lb

Feature Pro:
Mg 4% Fe 4% Mn 2% Zn 1%
(18) 5lb packs in a case.
$8.00/lb

I got to try one each last season. I added one to a tank and the other to another tank mix. I think I put down at 1/3 the min rate and the Fe still greened up the lawns nice. We are adding Feature WPS to all rounds 2,4, & 5 (all liquid fert apps).

grassman177
04-13-2010, 10:50 PM
i have used feature b4, it is not bad, but i can tell you the roots products are super excellent and dont stain a bit. i highly reccomend them and they are around $0.13-.20 per oz, max of 2oz per K. so basically the best i have used and not expensive either. i have used feature, ferromec, pbi gordon 12-0-0 with iron, and multiple roots products, and some others i cant remember right now.

Young Bros
04-13-2010, 10:54 PM
Never heard of the roots products. Where do you get them? Oh the rates for WPS is 3-6lbs per acre and pro is 2-4lbs per acre.

Young Bros
04-13-2010, 10:57 PM
I think that would make the WPS at .7-.10 per 1,000.

grassman177
04-14-2010, 01:38 AM
roots used to be owned by novazymes biologicals , but were sold. i know if you look for them online it will lead you to the wrong site at first and was hard to get to the actual site when just searching. i will try to post the link in a bit if i can get it right. they have several products like Fe8%, and several others. we like agriplex which is the most espensive of the bunch.

http://www.rootsinc.com/products/fe_8.html

that is the link, for one of the products.

Falcon50EX
04-14-2010, 09:05 AM
roots used to be owned by novazymes biologicals , but were sold. i know if you look for them online it will lead you to the wrong site at first and was hard to get to the actual site when just searching. i will try to post the link in a bit if i can get it right. they have several products like Fe8%, and several others. we like agriplex which is the most espensive of the bunch.

http://www.rootsinc.com/products/fe_8.html

that is the link, for one of the products.

How long have you used their products. The info looks good ? I have always hear that liquid does not last as long a gran how have these products held up for u. Are the sold over the counter or shipped to u?

Thanks for any info

MnLefty
04-14-2010, 01:52 PM
Never heard of the roots products. Where do you get them? Oh the rates for WPS is 3-6lbs per acre and pro is 2-4lbs per acre.

Roots is now owned by Lebanon, so theoretically any dealer you work with that carries Lebanon products should be able to get Roots stuff for you.

Bluelude1
04-14-2010, 09:56 PM
Its interesting how difficult it is to get really just basic information on some of these products let alone a reseller. If you google a product like Feature Pro ... it doesn't just pop up at the top of the search results either.

BTW - Where do you locate Roots products ... Lesco acts like I have rocks in my head when I ask about it and BWI no longer carries the line. Can it be ordered online anywhere?

grassman177
04-14-2010, 10:07 PM
do you have helena??? and yes lebenon dealers should be able to order it in. we get ours from our normal supplier(helena) and the color lasts well. very worth while products . it does have a draw back, it does not keep long in container so it must be fresh prdouct or if not, the jugs are kinda gelled up and wont pour out. of course it is always replaced at no charge. just a word to advice

SOONER GREEN
04-15-2010, 09:35 PM
here's the info on Feature it's available at Agrium in Irving or Houston.Its interesting how difficult it is to get really just basic information on some of these products let alone a reseller. If you google a product like Feature Pro ... it doesn't just pop up at the top of the search results either.

BTW - Where do you locate Roots products ... Lesco acts like I have rocks in my head when I ask about it and BWI no longer carries the line. Can it be ordered online anywhere?