PDA

View Full Version : Which granules should I use for Deer Ticks in Maryland?

PD21
04-13-2010, 10:16 PM
I live in the Baltimore, Maryland area with high concentrations of deer ticks. I am curious which tick/insect control to use for my lawn: Spectracide or Ortho Max (saw both at Home Depot)?? How often should I apply? Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

grassman177
04-13-2010, 11:56 PM
no one is going to know much about those here as we are a professional site that does not use those things found at Home depot. sorry, but hire a pro is the best advice i can give you unless you have a history on proper safety and handling of chemicals.

the best i can do is tell you that products containing benifithrin will do great for ticks at max rates usually. you can only apply that twice per year by label at max rate so you would have to also use another product labeled for ticks the other couple of times. i would imagine you would need to start treating for ticks about now till oct about once every 4-6 weeks depending on rainfall etc. these are general guidelines of course, but the only thing you need to be concerned with is that it is labeled for what you want to do and to apply the correct rate and no more than allowed per year.

humble1
04-18-2010, 06:40 PM
I will help you definatly want to use a synthetic pyrethroid.