PDA

View Full Version : Northstar tow behind sprayers

greenchoppers
04-13-2010, 10:47 PM
Hello forum,

I was wandering if anyone has used the Northstar tow behind sprayers from Northern Equipment in a commercial environment. We were thinking of getting one like shown below but don't want to waste money.

I know there are better products out there but that is just not in the budget right now.

Please provide opinions from past experiences with Northstar sprayer, if there are any.

Greenie
04-14-2010, 06:06 PM
I've never tried their sprayers but most of everything I've ever purchased from Northern Tool is of low quality. Creepers that have tiny wheels that lock up or fall off, trouble lights that are trouble, grease guns that don't work right. It's a real trend.
Shipping is a big expense, the price you see in the catalog isn't the price you pay. Life is too short to struggle with inferior tools and equipment.

indyturf
04-14-2010, 08:25 PM
you can find a good tow behind at TSC

djagusch
04-14-2010, 10:00 PM
I own one but have a z spray coming. It got me past my first 2 years doing only my properties, not a full spray company by any means. One pump (there is reviews on their site about them going out) and 2 wheels (don't have a full tank going sideways on a slope) I have replaced but also have gotten good results using it.

Any tow behind unit has a hard time in tight areas.

jimshack
04-14-2010, 10:04 PM
if it has agitation maybe, I know one of the ones TSC carries does, I have one that I converted to a 3 pt hitch setup for acre properties. it's ok, but I'm looking to upgrade to a better unit.