PDA

View Full Version : Synthetic Putting Greens

heygrassman
06-28-2002, 10:03 PM
Is anyone installing synthetic or simulated putting greens as a significant part of the business?? I am trying to get my arms around the cost per sq. foot , suppliers, etc. Search kinda helped but it was not real enlightening.

steveair
06-29-2002, 08:01 AM
Hello,

I was doing some design/layout work for a outfit that does the putting greens. Believe they use the All Pro kits that you can purchase over the internet and are a direct distributor of their products. That web site is a great start for ideas and pricing.

I believe pricing is in the range of 10-15 a sq. foot, very similiar to pavers as the installation is very close for the base prep.

Seems like a very good market, but takes time to develop. The guy I know has been doing it for about 8 years, and said that recently he has developed enough work to be self-sufficient doing solely putting greens.

Big thing is getting people to see the greens and then having it spread by word of mouth. Also, it really is one of those 'high end' items that require a customer base that has disposable income to drop on such a thing. Your not going to be selling too many to 'normal' customers, but the high end market and the commercial market (hotels, etc) seem to be where the biggest market is.

steve

Sean Adams
06-29-2002, 08:13 AM
Contact Chris Hepenstall, owner of All Pro Putting Greens, via e-mail at allpro@vol.com. Nice guy.

heygrassman
06-29-2002, 09:06 AM
Thanks guys... $10-15 per square is close to the numbers that I was seeing as well.

I will contact Chris. Thanks guys!!

jf