PDA

View Full Version : Hydroseed market in Westchester, NY

aquaturf
06-28-2002, 11:53 PM
What is the market like in Westchester County, NY for hydroseeding? I don't see much of it as I drive around, and there don't appear to be many ads for it in the Yellow Pages. Does anybody from around there have a feel for what the seeding market is in the area? Hydroseed vs straw seeding vs good old hand-seeding....thank you!

agrostis palustris
06-30-2002, 10:39 PM
Aquaturf-

This is just a friendly suggestion... Don't bother with Westchester. Go up to Duchess County. LOTS of building goin on up there. LOTS of people moving up there. The prices right now are pretty low for service... but not many people do the work, and of those people... not many do it right. I figure prices up there for service should be up to Westchester prices within the next 5 or so years. Down in Westchester there is LOTS of competition. If you are coming in from out of state, you really don't know anybody. I would suggest that you focus on Duchess. Plenty of guys from Duchess work down in Westchester, and they get paid well for it. However to just come in from another state and try to make a full time run of Westchester... well it's up to you. But there are a LOT of guys who hydroseeding. Keep in mind... contracting is BIG business around there.