PDA

View Full Version : scag problems battery not staying charged

brianslawncare
04-15-2010, 04:13 PM
i have a scag turf tiger 27 kawi liquid cooled and the battery wont stay charged. i can cut 5to6 yards and then the battery dies. i put a new one in and i can keep going for another 5to6.next day battery is dead again? i was told it might be the voltage regulator but not sure. then today i checked the fuses and one was melted and the other was broke. can it be my fuse holder, i sprayed contact cleaner in them in the fall. is their a altenator on one of these? the machine can stop running while cutting( just the blades stop) can their be a short in the blade switch? i have no problem getting the volt regulator, but if thats not the problem i cant return it(because you cant return ele parts). can the fuse holders go bad? thanks for the help. :hammerhead:

Restrorob
04-15-2010, 05:53 PM
Could be a bad connection inside the fuse holder, I would replace both just to eliminate them as a problem and see how it goes. You can get nice heavy duty holders from any auto parts store for less.

To PROPERLY go any further with the charging system the engine model AND spec numbers need to be posted; http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=144040

brianslawncare
04-16-2010, 10:19 PM
thanks i will try that.

djagusch
04-16-2010, 10:31 PM
Put waterproof fuse holders in there while your at it. I had same issue after it rained. Water would get in there and stuff arc'd melting etc. Put new fuses in there till you can replace the holders.

brianslawncare
04-17-2010, 01:15 PM
i put new fuses in it and it ran all day. but what could have caused one to melt and the other to crack?

Restrorob
04-17-2010, 05:28 PM
A bad connection can cause heat build-up.....

brianslawncare
04-17-2010, 07:52 PM
what do the fuses control? is it the starter and the blade switch?

Restrorob
04-17-2010, 08:15 PM
One activates the engine control functions and the other PTO and interloc systems....