PDA

View Full Version : Patio and Retaining Wall lights

thomkirby
04-15-2010, 09:40 PM
Looking for some advise on small lights to mount on either a retaining wall or on a short 'sitting' wall along a flagstone patio. Searched the site but only came up with the Cast CEWL5CB model as one suggestion. Planning to have walls done by a masonry crew and best to get the lights installed along the process. Anyone have some suggestions that I can purchase being a DIY and not a expert like ya'll? Retaining wall is going to be 80-feet long about 3-feet tall and the sitting wall is about 18-inches high over about 20-feet.

Thanks
Thomkirby

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
04-16-2010, 12:09 AM
All of the fixtures I would point you to are pro-grade and generally not available through retail channels. CAST, Vista, Unique, Hadco, Nightscaping, Integral, and others all make the type of fixture you are asking about.

Of course, your best course of action is to call a local outdoor lighting professional. There is a lot more to great, effective, long lasting outdoor lighting systems than the fixtures.

thomkirby
04-19-2010, 09:33 PM
Thanks James,
So far I rejected two local firms, one for products and second for never returning the quote. Best so far is Nightscapes but he is 260-miles away. By the way I have been reading your posts and your lighting is just top notch.

Thanks,

Kirby Thomson

David Gretzmier
04-20-2010, 03:39 AM
Brite Lights of houston is a firm I have done some consulting for over the last 6 months. they are primarily a Christmas light company and are new to landscape light work this year. they are very quality conscious and have been trained on voltage, placement, etc. If you are interested in contacting them, pm me.