PDA

View Full Version : Mulch Blower Rental

Kavu
04-16-2010, 10:00 AM
We purchased a towable Finn Mulch Blower to supplement our 20 yard mulch blower truck. I have some extra availability over the next several weeks and thought I would offer it to the lawn site community for rent. This machine is brand new and extremely reliable. A 2-3 man crew can average 12-18 yard an hour with this machine. Blower is located in Rhode Island

Rental includes:
-Brief instruction of proper operation
-Belt clip remote control for operator
-150 feet of discharge hose
-Pickup and delivery available

$585 a day. $2800 a week. PM or call 401-439-7470 for availability.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t248/keefa2/SScapes101.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t248/keefa2/SScapes099.jpg

AA+ landscaping
04-17-2010, 10:57 PM
What did it cost you to buy it?

Ramairfreak98ss
04-17-2010, 11:03 PM
nice, ive always considered one, but we'd need to have a tractor or something there loading the darn thing.

3 man crew may now only take 1 man with the hose, but still 3 guys busy plus fuel now to do the same mulch, but faster...

Kavu
04-17-2010, 11:26 PM
What did it cost you to buy it?

Approximately 50K...

nice, ive always considered one, but we'd need to have a tractor or something there loading the darn thing.

3 man crew may now only take 1 man with the hose, but still 3 guys busy plus fuel now to do the same mulch, but faster...

You have to have a lot of work to justify a mulch blower. We average 75+ yards a day out of our larger truck, that included travel time and trips back to the shop to reload. That truck runs 5-6 days a week with a three man crew. We would never get our mulch work done with out these machines!

AA+ landscaping
04-19-2010, 07:43 PM
When do you do your edging?

Dan85
04-19-2010, 09:07 PM
For those of you who have not used a bark blower, this is a phenomenal tool. Generally, we run one for a week or longer during our spring mulch installations and it is a huge help.

Ideally you should be able to run a two man crew without any issues; you may want to run more if you are considering having someone shovel into the blower from a dump truck . This finished product is amazing; flat and evenly distributed. It's definitely worth a try!

- Dan

Cutter1
04-19-2010, 09:22 PM
130 yards in 2 days for me last week. Its a three man operation, two on the hose one shoveling. mine was 43k. price i'm sure has gone up from three years ago.

P.Services
04-19-2010, 09:25 PM
can you post a picture of it with the hopper down? and can you tell me how many inches off the ground the hopper is?

im looking into renting one soon.

Cutter1
04-19-2010, 09:27 PM
when you put the front down to shovel from the truck its about 5 feet off the ground. Maybe a little under that

nepatsfan
04-19-2010, 09:28 PM
We purchased a towable Finn Mulch Blower to supplement our 20 yard mulch blower truck. I have some extra availability over the next several weeks and thought I would offer it to the lawn site community for rent. This machine is brand new and extremely reliable. A 2-3 man crew can average 12-18 yard an hour with this machine. Blower is located in Rhode Island

Rental includes:
-Brief instruction of proper operation
-Belt clip remote control for operator
-150 feet of discharge hose
-Pickup and delivery available

$585 a day. $2800 a week. PM or call 401-439-7470 for availability.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t248/keefa2/SScapes101.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t248/keefa2/SScapes099.jpg

Where are you in RI?

P.Services
04-19-2010, 09:29 PM
thats what i thought. i have just never seen one with the front down and im a little confused on how it works. I thought the whole side panel above the controls came down also.

so in order to load this you have to have a good size machine? my mini skid wont do sh it right?

Cutter1
04-19-2010, 09:30 PM
I'm wrong, its adjustable, probably goes lower than 4 feet.we put it right at gate level at the dump or we load with the skidloader.

Cutter1
04-19-2010, 09:33 PM
actually It depends on the application. If you are blowing a hillside wide open and it is a little bit more forgiving you can load over the side with a machine. For more intricate work we load by hand, you can control the loevel of mulch going in and it comes out of the hose more evenly. It is a team effort to run one effeciently. The side does not fold down. The front is like a chute. Thats where the conveor chain starts. same concept as a vbox salt spreader.

P.Services
04-19-2010, 09:39 PM
thats stupid, i wan tto be able to load it to the brim and then run it....load it to the brim.....run it. I dont want to pay some one to stand in the truck just loading all day. Nor do i want to make some one hand load 10 yards of mulch per hour. The big trucks get loaded at one time and then go blow it.

Cutter1
04-19-2010, 09:46 PM
big trucks have different controls. they can control deck speed engine speed from there remote. the 302 you can not. Its up to the operator, to have it go smooth, you can load from the side, but it comes out in clumps sometimes and is more mess to clean up and more dust. Just have to know how to run one, takes time, guaranteed to clog up on any new operator. Salesman will tell you that when you buy it. Bigger machines have dust control also.

Cutter1
04-19-2010, 09:51 PM
I rent mine out all the time, only to people I know and trust. they all love and rave about it when they bring it back. Thats the hard part getting it back!!

P.Services
04-19-2010, 09:52 PM
so the 302 the deck is on or off no meter for speed? what do you control wit hthe remote then?

Cutter1
04-19-2010, 10:02 PM
You can control the speed of the deck. the deck control is on the machine itself. Has a dial on the one hydraulic motor. The remote turns the material on and off and controls the engine speed which is how you control the amount of air flow. Too much air not enough material=dusty and takes too long. Too much material and not enough air'=clogs and a pain in the butt to unclog. Have to find the happy medium. thats why the operator is important. The bigger units have all the controlss on the remote ie....deck speed engine speed.

Dan85
04-19-2010, 10:25 PM
The 302 we have has an adjustable deck/chain speed, it's a silver knob that controls the hydraulic flow near the on/off buttons for the chain; the label is below it on the fender not really even close to the knob.

As for the loading chute, the mulch will sit on it, so you need to occasionally push it down onto the chain or the chain will not grab it.

The remote controls engine RPM and material flow,either start or stop. One oddity is that after you turn the machine on, sync the remote, you need to start the flow with the controls on the machine first, the remote won't start the material flow on the first run.

- Dan

Kavu
04-19-2010, 10:38 PM
Where are you in RI?

Just down the road from you in Cumberland...

Kavu
04-19-2010, 10:51 PM
thats stupid, i wan tto be able to load it to the brim and then run it....load it to the brim.....run it. I dont want to pay some one to stand in the truck just loading all day. Nor do i want to make some one hand load 10 yards of mulch per hour. The big trucks get loaded at one time and then go blow it.

You can load the hopper to the brim and run this machine- it works without a problem; we do it all the time. The hopper only holds 2 yards, at some point you will need to shovel or use a loader/skidsteer to fill it back up.

Cutter1
04-20-2010, 08:30 AM
k. Never said it doesn't work. Said tight areas you can make a mess.

nepatsfan
04-20-2010, 07:14 PM
Just down the road from you in Cumberland...

Is this Brent......I saw your post about the international and saw the name. I bought the 18' landscape trailer from you if this is you. I wish I had seen this before I talked to you a couple weeks ago. We just did a 55 yard job and a 70 yard job this past week. I bid on a 110 yard job that I am pretty sure I have. I have contemplated buying one of these but they are so damn expensive new and although we do a lot of mulch, I am not sure I can justify the blower. I will talk to you in the next week or so and hopefully we can work something out. I was thinking of getting a trailer dump in the parking lot and loading it with my skid steer. Is this what you guys do? Do you think 3 guys could do 110 yards with that machine in two days if the mulch was there? I know you said you can do 75 with the big machine.....is 55 unrealistic with this machine?

AA+ landscaping
04-20-2010, 08:44 PM
You can load the hopper to the brim and run this machine- it works without a problem; we do it all the time. The hopper only holds 2 yards, at some point you will need to shovel or use a loader/skidsteer to fill it back up.

When do you edge?

nepatsfan
04-20-2010, 08:49 PM
When do you edge?

We generally get the cleanups/dethatch/edging done first.

Kavu
04-20-2010, 10:15 PM
When do you edge?

We do all the bed prep first and then come in with the mulch blower. It wouldn't be efficient to let the machine sit while you edge.

Kavu
05-08-2010, 10:08 AM
I had a renter that was able to blow 75 yards in one day with 3 men and this blower...

evont22
07-13-2010, 06:19 PM
Been working on a project with mine for the few days, in 3 days and 16 machine hours we've installed 220 yards of mulch. Floor was turned up on two of the areas as it was open retention pond hillsides. 100 the first day, and 60 the second and 60 the third. Keeps getting slower with more plant material and more machine moves. Very glad with my purchase.