PDA

View Full Version : 48' Exmark Ct; engine huge loss of power.

firstchoice1
04-16-2010, 04:45 PM
I have to start the rider and let it sit and run before I can even start to run it with the blades engaged. When I do it constantly sounds like it's going to stall, if the blades are too low or I'm going to fast. This happens when the grass is like 5 in in height or higher. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Travis

GPS
04-16-2010, 04:50 PM
I had a simular issue but i had a lesco 60in ryder. We took the fuel tanks off & clean them out, inside the tank there was a little filter where the hose connects it was plugged. Good luck. My mower would run for 20min then bogg down, then finally just stop. hope this helps

firstchoice1
04-18-2010, 05:26 PM
thanks gps, Ill check it out.

open to more ideas.

DT Lawn Care
04-18-2010, 06:16 PM
thanks gps, Ill check it out.

open to more ideas.

Lots of possibilities. Clogged fuel filter, dirty air filter, dirty carb, loss of spark, low compression. I would check and/or replace your air and fuel filters and spark plugs. Check your spark to make sure both coils are firing (assuming it's a twin). If it's all fine, remove and clean your carburetor, clean all passages thoroughly. If it's still doing the same, check your compression for valve problems or pistons/rings. Good Luck