PDA

View Full Version : Working in the rain

Decoste76
04-16-2010, 08:20 PM
just wondering how many of you guys work in the rain? today i seen alot of companies working in the pooring rain. And dont get me wrong i have alot of work that i could be doing but waiting a weekend and starting on a fresh nice week isnt going to change much i dont think. I think working in the rain.. you do a terrible job because everything all soaked and everyone is probably wet and miserable. So why do i see alot of comapnies getting drenched out there?

Surfdunn
04-16-2010, 09:48 PM
Do you melt because of the rain. With how busy this time of the season is alot of companies cant afford to miss a day of work because of rain. As long as its not a huge leaf cleanup or a job a machine has to be running get it done.

93Chevy
04-16-2010, 09:55 PM
Get good rain gear and take your time and it'll turn out alright. I don't like working in the rain, but sometimes it's necessary.

Superior L & L
04-16-2010, 10:29 PM
I work all the time in the rain. I dont care if its lighting, or tornado!!!!

I guess thats because my work is in a truck or at a computer screen:)

But my guys do work in light rain but not pouring rain.

emlawncare
04-17-2010, 01:23 PM
It started raining yesterday while I was mowing. Luckily it wasnt pouring but still enough to get the rain suit out of the truck. I got my work finished which saved me from doing it today and a 15 mile trip (one way) into town to do the jobs. If it's raining before I leave the house, I'll normally wait a day depending how busy I am.

GreenwithEnvyLawn
04-17-2010, 01:33 PM
I would rather not work in it but sometimes it's unavoidable. If it rains 2 or more days a week I can't afford to not work in it. I would never get caught up at that rate. Gotta do what ya gotta do sometimes.

Think Green
04-17-2010, 09:35 PM
None of us can afford to miss a day or two because of rain. My residential customers will not allow us on the grass if it is raining. Period!!!
I for one will not pony up the dough to fix ruts in quality Zoysia lawns! Anyone who mows zoysia will attest that they aren't as easy to repair greed over common sense. There is other work that can be done, but if it is pouring outside, the day is off.

ajslands
04-17-2010, 10:03 PM
I work in the rain, if it's 80' outside and it's been hot all week rain feels good, and I'd be happy to work in it, but cold rain dosent feel good, espsecially when it is cold.
Posted via Mobile Device

360ci
04-17-2010, 10:53 PM
I seldom work in the rain. I have 2-3 days a week to do one full days worth of work. I don't mind light rain at all, on hot humid days it's quite refreshing and I get to show off my 'one-pack' once my shirt gets soaked.

CLARK LAWN
04-18-2010, 12:58 AM
today was upper 30s-low 40s witha rain snow mix off and on all day an there were alot of people out working in it. You aint gonna see me out in that. that is just asking to get sick, then how far behind are you going to get.

360ci
04-18-2010, 10:06 AM
It was low temps and snowing here as well, which turned into a very light hail, then some rain and back to snow and hail again. I don't mind light rain in warmer temps, but rain and snow...that's still winter - my off season!

Mahoney3223
04-18-2010, 12:54 PM
yeah clark i was one of those idiot out there yesterday in the rain/snow mix. man did it suck! but we got a sh*t-ton done. there weren't many out in it yesterday that's for sure.

CLARK LAWN
04-18-2010, 02:04 PM
yeah clark i was one of those idiot out there yesterday in the rain/snow mix. man did it suck! but we got a sh*t-ton done. there weren't many out in it yesterday that's for sure.

there was here. i had stuff to do with the bride and we saw people out all over the place.