PDA

View Full Version : Alliance transformers

sal rodriguez
04-17-2010, 09:12 AM
They are a sponsor here but you don't read much about them. I was just on their sponsor page and noticed last yr they announced a new line of transformers. Has anyone used them? How are they different? Good ? Bad? recommend?
Thank you.

S&MLL
04-17-2010, 04:40 PM
Met rob in Jersey over winter. He wouldnt tell me who made his trans... I dont know why. They look like some sort of mdl/jefferson. Never priced them out but might give a try if the jeffersons start to fail me

sal rodriguez
04-17-2010, 06:18 PM
Met rob in Jersey over winter. He wouldnt tell me who made his trans... I dont know why. They look like some sort of mdl/jefferson. Never priced them out but might give a try if the jeffersons start to fail me

Never saw a Jefferson. Do you have a link or a pic?

Pro-Scapes
04-17-2010, 06:38 PM
Coppermoon has the Jeffersons. At least Doug is open an honest about who makes it for him. With something as high ticket as a transformer I like to know who the OEM is.

BrandonV
04-17-2010, 09:26 PM
i've used them extensively, no problems except with the 1200W version, which I've had a lot of trouble with. They allegedly have the problem fixed now, they've been great about replacing stuff though! I'd personally rather not have to replace stuff, I think CAST has the best 1200W on the market without going to the price point of unique. CAST is more than alliance but worth the cost.

Robert McKay
04-18-2010, 01:12 AM
Sal,

Thank you for inquiring about our product line. To answer some of the questions, for the past four years, we designed and developed our own transformer line to meet the requirements of our customers and the industry through our own sources. We are excited to be the first manufacturer to get UL 2108 approval from ETL as a multi-volt low voltage transformer that exceeds 15 volts.

Starting in 2009, UL 2108 required that all transformers include secondary fuse protection. Our older models were primary fuse protected, and thus we redesigned the original units to conform to UL's requirements, while adding additional protection for add-on timers/photocells and absorbing in-rush current.

Our goal as a sponsor for this forum is to allow the free-flow of information and ideas between contractors to further the industry without a biased viewpoint from a manufacturer. With that being said, we are fully committed to selling products through wholesale distributors primarily in the landscape and irrigation industry that are produced with the quality of lifetime materials at fair market pricing.

sal rodriguez
04-18-2010, 03:01 PM
Sal,

Thank you for inquiring about our product line. To answer some of the questions, for the past four years, we designed and developed our own transformer line to meet the requirements of our customers and the industry through our own sources. We are excited to be the first manufacturer to get UL 2108 approval from ETL as a multi-volt low voltage transformer that exceeds 15 volts.

Starting in 2009, UL 2108 required that all transformers include secondary fuse protection. Our older models were primary fuse protected, and thus we redesigned the original units to conform to UL's requirements, while adding additional protection for add-on timers/photocells and absorbing in-rush current.

Our goal as a sponsor for this forum is to allow the free-flow of information and ideas between contractors to further the industry without a biased viewpoint from a manufacturer. With that being said, we are fully committed to selling products through wholesale distributors primarily in the landscape and irrigation industry that are produced with the quality of lifetime materials at fair market pricing.

Thank you Robert. I'd like to try them. Where can I find a distributor in the Oxnard/Ventura Ca area?