PDA

View Full Version : Finally bought a decent mower.

stihlguy460
04-17-2010, 07:51 PM
Got tired of cheap junk, and the new cheap junk is even cheaper than before. Did i get a good mower. My wife has claimed it and the trailer.

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=184907&stc=1&d=1271548032

stihlguy460
04-17-2010, 07:54 PM
http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=184912&stc=1&d=1271548397

stihlguy460
04-17-2010, 07:56 PM
Sorry for the double pics, Still learning

shotgunshane
04-17-2010, 08:07 PM
You got a good mower. Congrats! Now go mow the lawn!
Posted via Mobile Device

stihlguy460
04-17-2010, 08:32 PM
You got a good mower. Congrats! Now go mow the lawn!
Posted via Mobile DeviceThanks, I can't yet. Recovering from back surgery, but the wife is mowing like crazy. Think she likes it a lot. We have never had a zero turn , so we have to get used to one.

MS_SURVEYOR
04-18-2010, 01:52 AM
Cool! :cool2: I got a BB Pup last year. One of the best things my wife and I have ever done. Hope your back mends quickly. It doesn't matter thou. Wives LOVE ztr's! They even operate them better than a man! :rolleyes: My wife's family thinks I pulled a Tom Sawyer the way my wife likes to saddle up on the Bad Boy as I sit in the shade watching her grin and mow! :dizzy: Hey! You'll get your chance, one of theses days! :drinkup:

stihlguy460
04-18-2010, 09:14 AM
Cool! :cool2: I got a BB Pup last year. One of the best things my wife and I have ever done. Hope your back mends quickly. It doesn't matter thou. Wives LOVE ztr's! They even operate them better than a man! :rolleyes: My wife's family thinks I pulled a Tom Sawyer the way my wife likes to saddle up on the Bad Boy as I sit in the shade watching her grin and mow! :dizzy: Hey! You'll get your chance, one of theses days! :drinkup:LOL,:laugh: Yep, That's what i did yesterday. She got pretty good on after a little bit. But with the 60 inch cut, it didn't take her long to finish. How the heck do you keep it from double posting the first pic?:confused:

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=184980&stc=1&d=1271596175

MS_SURVEYOR
04-18-2010, 11:27 AM
Yea! She's doing GOOD! :drinkup:

Just erase that first jpg line. :rolleyes:

That's about how my property looks. Mean ugly grass that never stops growing. :rolleyes: Then the weeds are even worse! :dizzy:

Keep her gas! :laugh:

stihlguy460
04-18-2010, 08:43 PM
Yea! She's doing GOOD! :drinkup:

Just erase that first jpg line. :rolleyes:

That's about how my property looks. Mean ugly grass that never stops growing. :rolleyes: Then the weeds are even worse! :dizzy:

Keep her gas! :laugh:yep, she done really good for first time. Talk about the gas, I took it to the station and filled it up. First time in my life i've ever put 34 dollars worth of gas in a mower.:dizzy::cry:

IndianSprings
04-18-2010, 09:49 PM
Glad to see you putting that mower to use, glad to hear she likes it. You'll find it saves more time than you had ever dreamed it would. Don't worry abour the gas too much, they are pretty fuel efficent. We ran ours over seven hours yesterday and didn't run out. As long as the gas will last you as a residential user, better get you some seafoam to put in that puppy. The ethanol is just as hard on four strokes as it is in your beloved Stihls.

Aaronnc
04-20-2010, 06:31 PM
Congrats!!! Looks like a awesome mower. So glad to hear your enjoying it. I 2nd the seafoam recommendation too. Please invest in some fastraps or a prolocker also. Those ropes ain't gonna stop anything if you really put on the brakes. Other than that, great job! Happy mowing!

stihlguy460
04-21-2010, 10:50 PM
Glad to see you putting that mower to use, glad to hear she likes it. You'll find it saves more time than you had ever dreamed it would. Don't worry abour the gas too much, they are pretty fuel efficent. We ran ours over seven hours yesterday and didn't run out. As long as the gas will last you as a residential user, better get you some seafoam to put in that puppy. The ethanol is just as hard on four strokes as it is in your beloved Stihls.Good advice on the seafoam, That stuff is good. Gas with ethanol is all you can find here.

Congrats!!! Looks like a awesome mower. So glad to hear your enjoying it. I 2nd the seafoam recommendation too. Please invest in some fastraps or a prolocker also. Those ropes ain't gonna stop anything if you really put on the brakes. Other than that, great job! Happy mowing! Thanks, Those ropes was just to get it home. I did look at the faststraps, i will look at the prolocker now. Thanks for the info

Aaronnc
04-21-2010, 11:55 PM
Anytime! We just want you to be safe and be around a long time enjoying that mower! (I prefer the Fastraps myself, but would recommend trashing/saving the screws and going with some solid bolts and fender washers. ) Keep us updated!

szmarkman
04-22-2010, 12:12 AM
I see you chose the bad boy what other brands did you consider and why the bad boy. I am in the market going from a JD 455 60" deck to a ztr and am considering bb jd and scag all 60" cut. Mowing 5 acres approximately with several slopes and ditches to avoid. any suggestions???

stihlguy460
04-22-2010, 07:11 AM
I see you chose the bad boy what other brands did you consider and why the bad boy. I am in the market going from a JD 455 60" deck to a ztr and am considering bb jd and scag all 60" cut. Mowing 5 acres approximately with several slopes and ditches to avoid. any suggestions???Well it didn't hurt that they are made 70 miles from me. I looked at the decks on a few of them and it had the heaviest deck, I didn't look at scag, but i did jd, No comparison. Don't know if the pro mowers made by JD are any better but the ones i looked at were cheap made. Also a neighbor has one and it's always broken down. Also the JD sold around here at box stores are as cheap as the other crap they sell.

stihlguy460
04-22-2010, 07:14 AM
Anytime! We just want you to be safe and be around a long time enjoying that mower! (I prefer the Fastraps myself, but would recommend trashing/saving the screws and going with some solid bolts and fender washers. ) Keep us updated!Yep i will do the bolts for sure.

cgaengineer
04-23-2010, 07:19 AM
Very nice mower! I saw them at TSC and thought they were a very strongly built mower for a home owner.

As far as Seafoam...if you wanna waste your money. Good clean gas is fine, no sense in adding more alcohol to a fuel system by adding Seafoam since its 20% alcohol and mostly pale oil.

http://www.montanajacks.com/msds/seafoam-msds.pdf

I do not, never have or never will use fuel additives. Waste of money. No way in hell is a product composed of alcohol and oil going to keep your engine running smoother, last longer or cleaner. Seafoam comes in a nice purty metal can that attracts unsuspecting buyers that can feel a placebo effect after spending $10 per can on the stuff. The marketing gurus of Seafoam have really swayed a bunch of unsuspecting customers.

Save your $10 and buy your wife some flowers.

stihlguy460
05-07-2010, 03:56 PM
Just kind of an update on wht i done to the trailer today, I added a plate to the front and braced it to the tongue. Have the brackett in place and drilling holes.

[

stihlguy460
05-07-2010, 04:02 PM
I still aint got the hang of posting pics here, I lost all my type when i deleted the Imgs, Oh wee some more.

How it's going to look when not in use

Finally under the advice of you guys, I installed some fastraps.

stihlguy460
05-07-2010, 04:04 PM
I apologize for no explanations of the pics, I did put them in there but in my effort to get rid of the double pics i deleted them too.

Aaronnc
05-07-2010, 08:52 PM
BRAVO, BRAVO!!!!! Fastraps and a winch! That is awesome!

eatonpcat
05-07-2010, 10:18 PM
BRAVO, BRAVO!!!!! Fastraps and a winch! That is awesome!

That is a gorgeous mower.. Could you get a few more pictures for me???

lifetree
05-07-2010, 10:55 PM
Vey nice machine, however, BB could've put a better engine on that thing ... Kohler Courage engines really aren't commercial grade !!

Aaronnc
05-07-2010, 11:59 PM
Sorry eatonpguy, not my mower. It's Stihlguys. I personally think the courage engine is fine and all you need for residential use. I agree, wouldn't run it commercial, but for what your using it for, you've got a helluva mower IMO Stihlguy. Enjoy that thing. Keep us posted! Alot of people wouldn't consider Dixon's commercial either now that I think about it. Don't let the hater's bring you down SG. Mow away my friend!

stihlguy460
05-08-2010, 12:42 AM
That is a gorgeous mower.. Could you get a few more pictures for me???I will try, It's not as clean now.lol

Vey nice machine, however, BB could've put a better engine on that thing ... Kohler Courage engines really aren't commercial grade !!Yeah i've heard some bad things about them but it is not going to be used commercially.

Sorry eatonpguy, not my mower. It's Stihlguys. I personally think the courage engine is fine and all you need for residential use. I agree, wouldn't run it commercial, but for what your using it for, you've got a helluva mower IMO Stihlguy. Enjoy that thing. Keep us posted! Alot of people wouldn't consider Dixon's commercial either now that I think about it. Don't let the hater's bring you down SG. Mow away my friend!Thanks and i mowed four acres with it today. I really like it.