PDA

View Full Version : Straight piped F450

bobcat_ron
04-18-2010, 01:25 PM
This was a little video I put together, almost a frame-by-frame comparison of stock to straight pipe difference, as well as engine heat and boost.
The only exception is the second clip, I was pulling another 2000 pounds and the damn tranny didn't want to shift into 3rd gear at 3000 rpm.

http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y325/bigbrotheriswatching_2010/th_743392d1.jpg (http://s1026.photobucket.com/albums/y325/bigbrotheriswatching_2010/?action=view&current=743392d1.flv)

I really love the start up, everyone asks me when I am going to fire it up before I leave work :laugh:

http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y325/bigbrotheriswatching_2010/th_783a83ff.jpg (http://s1026.photobucket.com/albums/y325/bigbrotheriswatching_2010/?action=view&current=783a83ff.flv)

Gravel Rat
04-18-2010, 10:23 PM
The straight pipes are not too bad for noise.

bobcat_ron
04-18-2010, 11:07 PM
The straight pipes are not too bad for noise.

Inside the cab, nope, but outside or behind me, yikes, even the Harley riders shrug and shreek at the noise and black smoke coming from my pipes.

Now my brother wants to do the same to his fancy pussy ride, he just bought a toy hauler R/V trailer, so he wants to look "bad ass" :laugh:

Gravel Rat
04-19-2010, 12:05 AM
Not sure if I would want to be doing anything to a 6.4 that would void the warranty. The 6.0 is essentially a newer 7.3 it is fairly simple to work on you open the hood of a 6.4 there is schit all over that engine.

With a regular P/U you have to drill holes through the bed :dizzy:

Not sure if I would have got mitred pipes like you got curved tips. I doubt I would ever put stacks on my F-450 I'am on the road early in the morning and late at evening so I can't be driving the neighbours nuts. Starting my truck at 4:45am isn't neighbourly.

You have to let these 6.0s with the automatics warm up they don't go no where.

topsites
04-19-2010, 02:27 AM
I am sorry but I would not wish to be associated with this,
I keep my vehicles as stock and plain looking as possible,
the reasons for this took me many years to learn.

JFGauvreau
04-19-2010, 08:06 AM
I am sorry but I would not wish to be associated with this,
I keep my vehicles as stock and plain looking as possible,
the reasons for this took me many years to learn.

I'm guessing you look a bit less professional when you start modding your trucks with stuff, like spinning mags, big exhaust.

I dunno, but if you look at big company, then don't do it, they keep it stock.

What would you say if your on the road and you see this UPS truck passing you with a straight pipe exhaust? lol

bobcat_ron
04-19-2010, 09:08 AM
I did it purely for the engine's benefit, and lastly because the bigger you are and the louder you are, the more respect you get on the road.

mrlandscaper
04-21-2010, 05:25 PM
I am planning on buying a 7.3 Powerstroke this summer. I am thinkin about stacks and yes, this will be my work truck. I am also going to be using it as my daily driver.

I understand where some of you are going with the truck being moded and being unprofessional. But the reason the bigger companies dont do things like that is because they have too many trucks and it's impractical, and a waste of money to mod all those trucks. Those trucks are not personal daily drivers.

If i had more work trucks then i myself would not mod the other work trucks. My question though is: Would it really be too unprofessional to mod a truck that is your daily driver and work truck?

bobcat_ron
04-21-2010, 08:40 PM
I am planning on buying a 7.3 Powerstroke this summer. I am thinkin about stacks and yes, this will be my work truck. I am also going to be using it as my daily driver.

I understand where some of you are going with the truck being moded and being unprofessional. But the reason the bigger companies dont do things like that is because they have too many trucks and it's impractical, and a waste of money to mod all those trucks. Those trucks are not personal daily drivers.

If i had more work trucks then i myself would not mod the other work trucks. My question though is: Would it really be too unprofessional to mod a truck that is your daily driver and work truck?

If you modify it too quick as soon as you start up your business, that's a bad sign, keep a low key for a while until you really have your foot in the door, then go nuts.

JFGauvreau
04-21-2010, 08:43 PM
Well of course if its your daily driver also you can mod it a bit, but I wouldn't go to big. Why not invest in your company instead?

Of course if you are having more then 1 vehicle that are for work only, then theirs no point in modding them.

mrlandscaper
04-21-2010, 09:27 PM
I do plan on moding it little by little untill i get my foot in the door. And of course im goin to invest in my company cause i do want to grow it.

STIHL GUY
04-22-2010, 09:04 PM
that video sounds really cool but its crazy loud

bobcat_ron
04-22-2010, 09:30 PM
So far my fuel economy is looking like about 450 kms on a tank, I did some serious heavy towing the first half and hot rodding past my old high school teacher/principal's house on the way to work, so I'll do another tank and see what happens.