PDA

View Full Version : Aeration,Overseed,Starter fertilizer?

rogdogg
04-18-2010, 06:56 PM
I am going to aerate and overseed a lawn. Would spreading a starter fertilizer be anything but good?:usflag:

fl-landscapes
04-18-2010, 07:43 PM
Slit seeding it or top dressing after overseeding will give you better germination rates. Starter fert will have no negative effect, should aide in germination. Keep it moist.

rogdogg
04-18-2010, 09:28 PM
Great, thanks! Also, I''ve never combined my fertilizing (different lawns) with my aeration, but would like to in order to make 1 less trip, any negatives to that?

MrUPS
04-21-2010, 12:15 AM
I also would like to know is it ok to throw down some Lime with new seed and starter Fert..?

fl-landscapes
04-21-2010, 09:02 AM
Great, thanks! Also, I''ve never combined my fertilizing (different lawns) with my aeration, but would like to in order to make 1 less trip, any negatives to that?

no problem at all with that. efficiency.....I like it

fl-landscapes
04-21-2010, 09:03 AM
I also would like to know is it ok to throw down some Lime with new seed and starter Fert..?

As long as the soil needs what your putting down then there is no problem putting it down at one time.....just no pre-m obviously

MrUPS
04-22-2010, 11:06 PM
Now are you guys talking about mixing the seed and fert all in the slit seeder? to make just one pass!!!
I am planning on doing this to my lawn for the first time on my lawn, by renting it from a local rental place.. would like all the feedback as possible b4 doing it this weekend... Thanks

MrUPS
05-01-2010, 12:23 AM
bump..........

LR3
05-03-2010, 01:36 AM
Now are you guys talking about mixing the seed and fert all in the slit seeder? to make just one pass!!!
I am planning on doing this to my lawn for the first time on my lawn, by renting it from a local rental place.. would like all the feedback as possible b4 doing it this weekend... Thanks

Posting in someone else's thread is called hijacking. Start your own thread with the questions you need and you will likely get more replies. Hijacking is frowned upon, for future reference.

MrUPS
05-03-2010, 04:14 PM
Posting in someone else's thread is called hijacking. Start your own thread with the questions you need and you will likely get more replies. Hijacking is frowned upon, for future reference.

WELL i dont think it is really considering hijacking if i am on the same topic. Am I right or wrong.. Its not like i asked a completely different type of ?.. I was very interested in this topic. Sorry if i hurt any ones feelings:cry:

I Cant believe some of you guys on here.. A lot of us are home owners on here looking for some good DIY advice for our Lawns.. and there has to be people like u that are rude to us.. IF U DONT LIKE THIS SITE AND WANT TO START A PRIVATE SITE SO ALL U SO CALLED EXPERT LANDSCAPERS CAN CHAT ABOUT WHAT U HAVE DONE FOR THE WEEK, THAN GO DO SO AND LEAVE US ALONE.. IF U ARE THAT WORRIED ABOUT GIVING SOME GOOD ADVICE TO GOOD PEOPLE.. U ARE IN THE WRONG BUSINESS ANYWAY!!! GO B A GRUMP SOME WHERE ELSE:walking:

LR3
05-03-2010, 04:38 PM
Just sayin'. I meant nothing by it.
Posted via Mobile Device