PDA

View Full Version : ZTR (Cub Cadet M72 Tank) Caster wheel yoke (need help)

CentralIL
04-19-2010, 10:02 AM
I am trying to remove the caster wheel yoke on my Cub Cadet M72 Tank.
After I remove the cotter pin and slotted nut. How do I get the yoke out of the Front Axel Assembly?

Here is a picture. My gut tells me to just use a block of wood and hammer it out, but I don't want to mess anything up.

Thanks in advance.

Restrorob
04-19-2010, 02:33 PM
Use a block of wood and hammer it out....

Diesel59
04-19-2010, 10:30 PM
Yup... block of wood and hammer.... just be careful not to mess up the threads

CentralIL
04-20-2010, 09:34 AM
Yup... block of wood and hammer.... just be careful not to mess up the threads

I used a 3lb hammer and a block of wood last night and it would not budge. I did manage to split several pieces of wood.

Does anyone have any other tricks on how to get this out.

I am replacing the Yolk anyway, so the threads really aren't an issue.
Thanks

Diesel59
04-20-2010, 03:31 PM
If u aren't concerned with damaging it.... the Just beat it out with a sledge hammer. As long as the castle nut And cotter pin is removed. It should come out
Posted via Mobile Device

dcondon
04-20-2010, 04:00 PM
Like what the others have said, I just replaced mine last week and had to really pound on it.

Jasonn B
05-18-2012, 11:05 AM
I got a flat tire a while back, got it fixed, and when I put the tire back on, I guess I didn't tighten the bolts up on the yoke fork enough. When I was mowing the other day, I noticed the bolt and nut was turning through the yoke, see pics here, http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?p=4415720&posted=1#post4415720

1) I'm guessing it's best to order a new yoke, around $75, or have my friend that can weld/fix anything? Of course I told him what happened, and he says he can fix it?

2) IF I order a new "yoke" is that all I need? The part you need to pound out with the threads, does a new one come with the new yoke?

3) What should that bolt/nut that goes through the yoke/wheel be torqued to? Mine got loose and caused this.