PDA

View Full Version : Best Zero Turn Mower???

rcleaver28
04-19-2010, 11:42 AM
I am looking for a new zero turn mower for my own yard.
I mow 1.7 acres, looking to spend up to $4,000, considering Gravely.

Any comments would be greatly appericated!

Thank you!

DKJLawnCare
04-19-2010, 11:45 AM
Why don't you go out and check a few different mowers out? See what you like the best and what suits your needs then buy it?

Zak's Pro. Lawn Care
04-19-2010, 11:55 AM
since it is just for your yard i would really look around and see what best suits you and your needs... maybe even look at used mowers better mower for less cost then a brand new one and more than likely it will last just as long or longer since it is better quality. just a thought

rcleaver28
04-19-2010, 12:31 PM
Thanks, I plan to look at a few new ones and have been looking at used online. I have not heard alot about the Gravley name but a local dealer recommends them, also considering Cub Cadet or Husqvarna. Do any of these have a better rep then the others, and brands I should steer clear of?

Mahoney3223
04-19-2010, 12:33 PM
cub cadet is junk......husq has improved but if your looking in that range try a bad boy they seem nice...and i'm a scag guy saying that :)

castlerockmo
04-19-2010, 01:19 PM
Husqvarna is good that's all I run and I promise it better than a Bad boy!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

morgaj1
04-19-2010, 03:09 PM
I have a Gravely and it is built like a tank. I am really happy with my purchase.

rcleaver28
04-19-2010, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the responses guys!!

ajslands
04-19-2010, 04:49 PM
A brand new exmark trinton 72" deck with striping kit and tripple bagging unit and a hydraulic lifting deck and you'll want te seat suspension too! And don't forget to purchase the wheel lock! That should get the job done in about 15 - 25 minutes, depending on our obstacles...

Oh you want to spend less than 4 grand?!?!! Ah I see, umm toros are good huskies are okay,
Posted via Mobile Device

Aaronnc
04-20-2010, 06:12 PM
I'm hearing great things about that new Poulan XT 30" 12hp Briggs rider. Sat on that new "Weedeater" rear engine and it gave me goosebumps thinking of laying some stripes with a piece of chain link fence and a cinder-block while chugging a Pabst jamming to some White Snake! That new "Worx" 18v interchangeable trimmer/edger/pole saw combo is looking like a sexy beast too! My God, the decisions!

Seriously bro, hit up your local dealer/dealers, demo some units, research their service and parts departments, use the search feature on this website to browse this subject a million times over and make a well thought out educated decision for yourself and/or your family. Without knowing your terrain (Hills? slopes? flat? trees? Shrubs? what type of grass?) or knowing EXACTLY what your gonna use it for (ie.. Just mowing your yard or yours and neighbors or family and how often?) NO ONE here can give you helpful advice. We can only sell you on brands we love or are opinionated on but doesn't mean SQUAT without proper support. These newer ZTR's are nothing like the old Snappers whereas a roll of duck tape and some WD-40 could make it last for 15 years.
You have belt driven and hydros and different deck configs and spindles and etc..... now.

That being said, if there is one piece of advice I could give, it would be to not get caught up in the engine and hp wars. I've had Briggs, Kaw, and Kohler all, and never had one problem out of any of my engines. I know that's not everyone, but that's what I've experienced. I pay closer attention and put more emphasis on pumps and hardware and construction than I do the actual engine itself.

Hope this helps. Best of luck to ya.

dbear
04-20-2010, 07:07 PM
...it gave me goosebumps thinking of laying some stripes with a piece of chain link fence and a cinder-block while chugging a Pabst jamming to some White Snake!..

:laugh::laugh::laugh: That's sig line material there! :drinkup:

rcleaver28
04-20-2010, 11:50 PM
u can't beat Pabst! Thanks for your response.

Aaronnc
04-21-2010, 12:31 AM
You know dbear, I actually did that back in the day with my Dad's old Snapper when I was 16-17 years old. I know I looked pathetic, but worked great believe it or not. Then I got married, old, kid, mortgage and all the trimmings. Ahhh, the simpler days. Good Times.

LarryF
04-21-2010, 10:27 AM
If Wisconsin is not too far for you, this place seems to have reasonable prices.

http://www.speedwaysales.com/zero-turn-riders-c-37.html

Well, 4-to-5 thousand for a Toro Titan seems reasonable to me. I would lean toward this one.

http://www.speedwaysales.com/toro-titan-zx5450-zero-turn-riding-lawn-mower-p-4103.html

That's a little more than the $4000 you mentioned you would like to stay under, but it seems like a lot of mower. But if you would prefer a Gravely they have those too; however, but they are a little more expensive.