PDA

View Full Version : PTO Clutch "Retainer" - Craftsman

D C
04-19-2010, 03:18 PM
If I knew what it was called, it would be easier to find.

This is on a friend's Craftsman GT3000 Model 917.275021
Crank bolt fell off somehow, mower clutch/PTO was damaged

Upon closer inspection, it's also now missing the part/pin that prevents the frame of the PTO clutch from spinning. The clutch, like most, is triangular shaped and must have a pin of some sort that prevents the frame from spinning. That piece is no longer on his tractor.

Anyone know:
1) What that pin thing is called? or a part #
2) How to order one?

Thanks!
Dave

Shasta Lake Landscaping
04-19-2010, 05:01 PM
You can enter the model number and should be able to find the part you need, hope this helps.
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/index.action?intcmp=xsite_Sears#

Restrorob
04-19-2010, 05:46 PM
This machine doesn't use a pin, If you look at the frame closely you should be able to see where the old clutch was hitting. They will move back and forth a little once installed.

D C
04-19-2010, 10:09 PM
You can enter the model number and should be able to find the part you need, hope this helps.
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/index.action?intcmp=xsite_Sears#

That's the reason I started this thread. We looked at the images online and there simply isn't anything visible in the part images that looks remotely like what I would expect.

This machine doesn't use a pin, If you look at the frame closely you should be able to see where the old clutch was hitting. They will move back and forth a little once installed.

So it hits a tab on the frame or something like that?

Thanks!

Diesel59
04-19-2010, 10:18 PM
Does it actually have the triangular clutch on it that is shown on the diagram? Or is the cluch more round with a tab at one end? Either way.... The triangle one would normally use a bracket in the shape of a large U and the round one would normaly use a tab. But your right there is nothing on the diagram that shows it.

Restrorob
04-20-2010, 06:27 AM
So it hits a tab on the frame or something like that?

Yep........

D C
04-20-2010, 10:43 AM
Yep........

Thanks Rob. I'll pass the info along. Based on his description, I was expecting to see a pin of some sort.