PDA

View Full Version : Michigan V-5300 seat on the way

lotsagrass
04-19-2010, 09:18 PM
For my eXmark Lazer Z. The factory seat is beating me to death on my bumpy yard. I can't wait to get the new seat and install it. It's back-ordered though so it may take me a week or possibly two to get it. I'll post pictures of it installed once I get it :)

lotsagrass
04-21-2010, 06:18 PM
Crap....it's on back-order until about May 3. Bummer. That sucks. Can't find it anywhere else for sale. Guess I have to wait. In the meantime though, a new Frontier RC2072 rotary cutter for the tractor will be here next week so I'll be a field mowing fool next week for sure! :laugh:

avguy
04-21-2010, 09:11 PM
For my eXmark Lazer Z. The factory seat is beating me to death on my bumpy yard. I can't wait to get the new seat and install it. It's back-ordered though so it may take me a week or possibly two to get it. I'll post pictures of it installed once I get it :)

Lol.....maybe you should just fix the yard :laugh:

Is that a JD 2520 in your sig?

lotsagrass
04-21-2010, 09:29 PM
It's a 4120.

avguy
04-21-2010, 09:50 PM
It's a 4120.

Very nice. I hope the seat on that is better than the one they put on the 2305's. I get beat to death if I try to go faster than 2 mph cutting the lawn. That will be remedied though in about a month when I renovate.

lotsagrass
04-21-2010, 09:53 PM
The seat on the 4120 is great. Adjustable for your weight and so on. It's the seat on my eXmark that I need replaced. That's what the new Michigan seat is for.

avguy
04-21-2010, 10:05 PM
The seat on the 4120 is great. Adjustable for your weight and so on. It's the seat on my eXmark that I need replaced. That's what the new Michigan seat is for.

I realize that. I laughed when I read your post because I've been fighting my own bumpy lawn ever since we moved here 4 yrs ago. The first thing I did was see if JD made a suspension seat or something for the 2305 which they don't. It was then I realized I was going to have to do a total renovation to smooth things out rather than just kill off the existing lawn/weeds & just slit seed it.

lotsagrass
04-29-2010, 09:20 AM
STILL waiting on the seat - still shows backordered. I can't find anyone else that sells them other than Northern Tool either :(

drumz2129
04-29-2010, 10:38 AM
I would like to know how it works out for you. I bought a Lazer Z a few weeks ago and my yard is not the smoothest either. Have you checked with your eXmark dealer for a suspension seat? Mine quoted me 300 for the suspension seat or 150 for the suspension plate to go under the current seat.

lotsagrass
04-29-2010, 10:44 AM
I haven't checked with my local dealer, but maybe I should. I heard other people saying they were being quoted nearly $500 for the same seat from the dealer.

drumz2129
04-29-2010, 10:47 AM
Scratch that. I dont know what I was thinking. I just checked and the full seat is $549 and just the suspension plate is $249. $319 sounds pretty good from NT. http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200268424_200268424

lotsagrass
04-29-2010, 11:28 AM
Just checked a local dealer. They're asking a little over $500. He said they get theirs through eXmark and it's gray and says eXmark on it. I guess Milsco customizes the seat for eXmark. Anyway, he said he'd have to look into Northern Tool himself since the $319 price is a lot less than he pays for the eXmark branded seat that is essentially the same seat as the V-5300 Northern is selling.

lotsagrass
05-06-2010, 10:10 AM
Dang...now they're telling me it's back-ordered until May 14! Just 2 days ago they said a buyer checked and they expected a delivery of seats on May 5. Either Milsco is way behind in making the seats or something else is screwed up. Either way, I'm stuck waiting because I can't find this seat anywhere near the price Northern it selling it for.

lotsagrass
05-07-2010, 09:16 AM
Uh oh...I decided to cancel my order for the seat and use the money to buy a trimmer I needed since they said it was on backorder for another couple weeks and guess what? I sent the email yesterday to cancel the order and I called this morning to verify it's been cancelled...but the seat WAS actually in stock as of yesterday and it DID ship! Thing is, I just went out yesterday evening and bought my new trimmer and of course I used the extra money I had for that trimmer....the money I was going to use for the seat. So what this means is, I've got some explaining to do to my wife...LOL I either have to pay to ship the seat back or just keep it and deal with my wife's fussing. Hmmm....

drumz2129
05-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Just deal with the fussing.... You know you planned it out that way.

lotsagrass
05-07-2010, 11:50 AM
Just deal with the fussing.... You know you planned it out that way.

:laugh: Honestly, I didn't...but I can promise that's what she's going to think.

lotsagrass
05-14-2010, 10:37 AM
I got back in town today to pick up my new seat at work where I had it shipped. It's true what the other buyers wrote in their reviews on Northern Tool's web site....their packaging SUCKS! The seat was literally inside a large box with no packing material whatsoever! I'm very lucky the studs on the bottom of the seat were not marred up too bad. The studs are built-in to the seat bottom track and those bolt the seat to the mower. I got lucky. The people who put this in the box ought to be fired. It was disgraceful.