PDA

View Full Version : Shindaiwa EB8510 Timing Adjustement

kozielj
04-20-2010, 03:54 AM
Does anyone have a procedure how to set the positions of the intake/exhaust gear with respect to the crankshaft gear... I replaced the exhaust valve last year because it broke off.. I assume from heat... I ordered piston, rings and exhaust valve and replaced them... The problem is that I did not pay attention to the position of the valve gear and crank gear.... Yes there are scribe line marks on both gears, but the crank gear is much smaller than the valve gear as it should be for a semi 4 stroke motor.... I could not get the beast to start... I can't remember exactly, but I think I turned the crank so that the piston was fully up and just starting to go down with intake valve just starting to open(I think.. can't remember exactly because it was a year ago).... Then i put the belt on.. It seems to run ok, but full throttle it seems to bog down a little and I think I might be off a tooth or so... I was just wondering if there was any procedure to set this up correctly?? Any input, advice or help is greatly appreciated... I saw a post about this and it said the adjustment was no big deal, but gave no specifics on how to adj it...