PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal for hydros to move when in neutral?

MikeKle
04-20-2010, 09:00 AM
All of my hydro mowers slowly roll when they are in neutral, and I usually have to apply the brake to stop this, but I was wondering if this was fairly common? Even the one I just bought last year did it the first day I had it. When my TT started doing it a few years ago, I took it to the dealer and they said it is normal for them to creep a little bit, and to just apply the parking brake.

topsites
04-20-2010, 09:12 AM
They're not supposed to creep on their own, but most folks accept it so long
it's not too bad, the only way to prevent it is to do a neutral type of ...
I forgot the exact term but it involves re-adjusting the controls some kind of way.

piston slapper
04-20-2010, 09:13 AM
The deadband can be adjusted on most mowers to stop in nuetral. Some dealers adjust the hydros for max speed giving up a little of the nuetral.

whosedog
04-20-2010, 10:48 AM
Time for you to find a new dealer,tracking needs to be adjusted.If your dealer told you that he needs to go back for factory training on his equipment.Also he can't get you a Speedfeed 450?What kind of dealers do you have down there in KY?And another thing Mike,who got your thread on gays deleted,guess someone is homophobic on here.

rotti1968
04-21-2010, 01:54 PM
They are not supposed to creep at at all and need to be adjusted to neutral. Normally its a very easy process to do so.And I agree your dealer has no clue.....