PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Hustler Fastrak just south of Portland, Or

Codypal55
04-20-2010, 03:52 PM
Hi guys, first post on this site and I've read lots of good things here. A couple of nights ago, an Excel Hustler Fastrak with Honda engine and no bagger grew legs and crawled into someone's truck out in the sod field. We have pics of the tread, truck and trailer, but of course we didn't see/hear a thing. If you work in or around the Portland or Salem metro areas and see a yellow Hustler that's for sale cheap or new to some hack outfit, please call me as we'd love to get it back. Insurance is being cooperative, but I also really don't want the thieves to get any money for it. The odds are against me, but I'm searching Craigslist and Ebay daily and watching local LS trailers. All in all, the first theft in over 5 years, so not really complaining, but would be nice to recover the mower. Thanks for reading, gotta go cut some sod.

Micah
Grower Direct
(503)317-2441

Also, I can verify serial numbers if you find something that may be ours, and offer you a cash reward or free sod. Have a successful season!

Hustlersz66
04-27-2010, 12:22 AM
sorry for your loss i had two hustlers grow legs and got took out of my yard one day i had them around back and was getting ready to service them i ran out to my dealer to get blades oil etc.. and came back and all i had left was a bag of oil and blades for them i never found them and i looked at craigslist and ebay and also scouted ever trailer i saw, they really got gone but it worked out i bought a new super z and a hustler z 60 xr7 but people are getting bad about stealing stuff now, especially with so many people out of work i lo jacked my new mowers so if they get gone again i will let the cops go right to them! good luck and again sorry for your loss

Codypal55
04-27-2010, 10:30 PM
Two mowers gone, a double slap in the face! Sorry to hear it. I'm hoping that the thief is using our mower to work and feed their family, not just to pawn for a couple hundred bucks.
A year or so ago I just happened to be driving home past the same field and saw someone cruising around in a little car, probably after free sod scrap or a dark place to smoke weed. I went charging out toward him, and in his panic to drive off, he forgot where the field entrance was and bounced through a drainage ditch, leaving his muffler behind. I'll admit that was fun. We have been really lucky as far as theft goes, knock on wood.

* Funny thing was, if he'd just asked for the sod scrap, I'd have given it to him.

punkinv
06-12-2010, 12:38 AM
Hi, I was searching for a good used mower in the Bellingham area and came across this -
Don't know if it's like the one you lost, but good luck. Call me if you want me to go "undercover" and check the s/n. :)
http://bellingham.craigslist.org/grd/1705722046.html

I hate thieves :hammerhead:

Codypal55
06-12-2010, 01:17 AM
Grab your pitchforks and torches, let's get him! Ok, not really. Ours was a 54 inch deck, and not as squeaky clean. I do appreciate the heads up, though. Even though it's been gone awhile, I am still cruising CL for it, just because I hate thieves too. Have a good weekend.