PDA

View Full Version : K&n Air Filter on my Kohler CV - 20 = Great!

Jason Pallas
04-20-2010, 09:56 PM
I forked over $50 or so over the winter and plumbed a couple of K&N Air Filters on a few of our Exmark / Kohler CV-20 machines. WOW! In just the first two weeks I've noticed a huge difference.
The machines seem to have a TON more horse power. They've also been really good on gas - about 30-40% better. I'm just curious to know if other people have gone this route and invested in these high performance filters and if so, what has been your experience?

rreyn1812
04-20-2010, 10:33 PM
Did you replace the commercial, two-stage filters? If so, what was the K&N filter you used? I'm planning on replacing my 21" mowers filters with K&N units.
Thanks! :)

laman
04-20-2010, 11:06 PM
I used k and n on a hot street car I had. After it had been one the car for a short while I could see fine holes in it. If this happens on a lawn mower dusty like it is in South Louisiana right now by by motor. I will stick with my commercial setup on my exmark. I don't have money to risk to have to put a new motor on it....

Jason Pallas
05-03-2010, 12:31 AM
A few days since I started this thread - just wanted to post a pic of the set-up for all of you. Very easy to do...... gas "mileage" is still great and I've noticed a huge increase in power. I wish I had done this years ago! I would really recommend it.

BTW - that's a shop-vac foam filter that's covering the actual K&N Filter - something I just improvised. Works well.