PDA

View Full Version : "Grow 8inches in 2days?" hmmm

rainbowss
04-21-2010, 10:12 AM
So, I was doing my usual Tuesday morning yahoo answer searching and I came upon this...

How do u fix bald spots in the yard where grass won't grow?

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
the absolute best way. try this first

if all you are doing is patching your lawn you can plant it and it will be 8 inches high in 2 days. i know it sounds impossible but i have done it many times.

plant the seed as you normally would. but this time cut a piece of clear plastic a foot wider than the patched area and place something heavy like rocks around the edges to hold it down. poke two small holes in the plastic somewhere near the center for ventilation.

take the plastic off the next morning to water the spot and recover it. do not go past 2 days or your new grass will turn yellow and you'll have to start all over again.

this works in spring and fall. don't try it in the middle of the summer it will be too hot under the plastic

i'm a cheapskate so i get free plastic by having furniture stores save those big clear plastic bags that mattresses come in. :)

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=1006042508195

Being a naive homeowner in NY, I was very excited to hear of anything that produces quick results. yay

So, I went ahead and started the experiment. Discombobulated the top inch or so of the soil, added some of my seeds and a little fertilizer for quick feeding. :weightlifter: Then I made sure to use some clear plastic protection with some small holes in it. Finally, I chanted around the seeding. :dancing:

All that is left to do is pray that it doesn't rain. :cry:

So what do you think? Is this even feasible in the slightest? Has anyone undergone similar techniques?

What if one were to do it in a grander scale? I have bunch of bald spots in certain region and the grass that is there is thick so I don't really see me ruining there.

Anyhow, I will keep you updated at my attempt. I will be watering tomorrow morning and hope to see pronounced growth by Friday. :hammerhead:

upidstay
04-21-2010, 01:53 PM
Sure, it'll work. Just don;t leave the plastic on more than a couple of days. You're basically making a little green house. As far as 8" of growth in 2 days? Well, ya see, I have this bridge for sale, been in my family for generations. I hate to sell it, but I need the cash. Are you interested??

rainbowss
04-21-2010, 02:09 PM
Sure, it'll work. Just don;t leave the plastic on more than a couple of days. You're basically making a little green house. As far as 8" of growth in 2 days? Well, ya see, I have this bridge for sale, been in my family for generations. I hate to sell it, but I need the cash. Are you interested??
hehe, I just hope it sprouts in 2 days or I want my money back! :)

Can clear plastic be laid over existing lawn to seed some bald spots while not damaging the grass around it for 2-3days?