PDA

View Full Version : Milorganite In Hot Temps

RoyaleRcr
07-01-2002, 07:18 AM
It has been 95 degrees here for the last few days. Is it safe to apply Millorganite to bluegrass type cool season lawns? It is
6-2-0

dwost
07-01-2002, 08:40 AM
My dad turned me onto Milorganite at a young age. That was about all we used when I was growing up and one of the ferts that I currently use on my own lawn now. Most organics need not only moisture but higher soil temps to make it work. I would say that you should be OK using it now. As a matter of fact, I just put a bunch down about a week ago during the 90+ days that we have been having and my lawn is as green as can be. It is quite mild and you should not have any issues with burning. It also depends on what shape your lawn is. If it is stessed, I'd definitely hold offm, however if you are established and in good shape, spread away!! Any others care to comment??

morturf
07-01-2002, 07:01 PM
I would be careful at this time of the year with Milorganite. You may be asking for trouble as far as fungus goes. I use a lot of Milorganite (120 tons last year). I shy away from it in the mid summer months unless the yard is troublesome and then watch it closely.........don't let it get too wet at nite if the temps stay high. Just my experience.
Mike