PDA

View Full Version : Employees Traveling to Jobs

By Us Company
04-21-2010, 07:21 PM
I know this has been discussed before but I can not find the thread. How does everybody handle labor hours for employees that are riding in company vehicles to jobs that are minimum an hour away? Also, how about employees that travel to the job in there own vehicle? Should they be paid for there gas or hours from traveling? I know many people do things differently and I am sure the labor laws are different in every state for something like this. Any insight would be great.

93Chevy
04-21-2010, 07:24 PM
Just pay them for travel time, whether they're driving a personal vehicle to the job or a company vehicle. I mean, you're not a construction company hiring guys to work at the same place every day for months and months. It's their time and it's your job to pay for it. That's just my view on it.

CALandscapes
04-21-2010, 07:25 PM
Just pay them for travel time, whether they're driving a personal vehicle to the job or a company vehicle. I mean, you're not a construction company hiring guys to work at the same place every day for months and months. It's their time and it's your job to pay for it. That's just my view on it.

Good advice.

Az Gardener
04-21-2010, 10:19 PM
Ditto what he said