PDA

View Full Version : Pro-mix oik?

mowslot54
04-22-2010, 11:01 PM
I saw this stuff at lowes today that is called pro mix. Supposedly you can dump one container into a gallon of gas and it works for all ratios. Ive been using it for awile on my blower and edger and they run great. however, i just bought a new stihl weedeater and have been having problems with it. is this stuff ok to use or should i use the stihl oil? could this stuff being causing the problems on my new weedeater?

Alan0354
04-23-2010, 12:57 AM
I swear trimmers have personality and they have like and dislike!!! I won't push it. I had same problem with an expensive ready mixed gas with synthetic oil on my Shindaiwa M242. Those are supposed to be best, no alcohol gas. Everything else worked great except M242, it just won't pull even2/3 rpm. I quickly change back to my Amsoil and still take about 3 minutes of running before going back to normal.

So, I would not insist on it. Besides if you get the 4Mix, you should keep to Stihl Ultra or Amsoil anyway.

Sammy
04-23-2010, 01:14 AM
What Alan said.

unkownfl
04-23-2010, 11:09 AM
I have two stihl 4 mixs an edger fc90 or 95 and br600 blower; I use cheap oil without issues for almost a year now. Also, I have used a few bottles of the stuff you're using and had zero issues. I buy those bottles to use them as a measuring device to measure the valvoline 2 stroke mix I use.