PDA

View Full Version : Changing Mowing Schedule

Kickin Your Grass
04-23-2010, 08:37 AM
I'm thinking about changing my mowing schedule. Last year I had a two man crew (employee + me) mowing Monday-Friday. We scheduled extra jobs after mowing during the week and on Saturdays. He was always was in overtime and I hate working every weekend. We ended up working alot of Sundays as well.

I hired another guy this year so now its (2 employees + me) I'm really thinking about mowing Tuesday-Friday which would require a litttle longer days for us and using Monday's for extra jobs. Saturdays would be our make up day for rain delays during the week. I think this would solve my not being with the wife and kids on the weekends when everone is at home enjoying life.

Has anyone switched to a schedule like this thats in my position. Any pros/cons?

Stevegotcrabgrass
04-23-2010, 09:00 AM
in theory it's great...but in reality things happen....i.e. your scag throws a belt on the first house of the day and then your FS90R won't run for some reason. The whole time the homeowner is looking at you like you are crazy because you are pleading with your machine to just run for one more house...

Family time is important though..

topsites
04-23-2010, 09:08 AM
in theory it's great...but in reality things happen....i.e. your scag throws a belt on the first house of the day and then your FS90R won't run for some reason. The whole time the homeowner is looking at you like you are crazy because you are pleading with your machine to just run for one more house...

Family time is important though..

I see you have had that talk with your machine, this is a good thing,
to have that understanding between yourself and the lawn mower,
my machines all know better than to mess up on me like that.

JohnnyCuts
04-23-2010, 09:08 AM
We're going Mon/Tues, Weds as catchup and extras, Thurs/Fri, Sat as catchup and extras. We've had such rainy years the last two years I'm just building in catchup time now.