PDA

View Full Version : Walker 62" deck Whistle

regl
04-23-2010, 05:51 PM
I picked up a a not to used 62" sd deck that mows great. Only thing is, it makes an annoying whistle or squeal. I greased the three fittings on the top of the deck but haven't removed the cover yet. Hope when I do I find a problem because this is one of the few times I don't want it to be just normal for that deck. Would like to here from anyone who has this deck to find out if theirs does the same. Thanks.

Uponone605
04-24-2010, 07:46 PM
Its funny you posted that bacause we just got our 62 and its very quiet. The 48 on the other hand has this very annoying high piched chirp almost like the blade was just catching the deck or theres play in the gear box. its done it since day 1 and i sat at the dealer w/ them for over 2hrs why the tried to figure it out. They ended up telling me it was the blades just making some noise and it was fine. I suspect an assembly error that will lead to a blown gear box but so far the mower has about 130hrs w/ no problems.

dclandscape
04-24-2010, 08:00 PM
I HATE than damn noise!

...Anddd, Mr. Steven Roy best cover my ass when somthing goes wrong.

Uponone605
04-24-2010, 09:30 PM
I HATE than damn noise!

...Anddd, Mr. Steven Roy best cover my ass when somthing goes wrong.

he'll probably blame the guy that does your maintence:laugh:

regl
04-25-2010, 08:53 AM
Its funny you posted that bacause we just got our 62 and its very quiet. The 48 on the other hand has this very annoying high piched chirp almost like the blade was just catching the deck or theres play in the gear box. its done it since day 1 and i sat at the dealer w/ them for over 2hrs why the tried to figure it out. They ended up telling me it was the blades just making some noise and it was fine. I suspect an assembly error that will lead to a blown gear box but so far the mower has about 130hrs w/ no problems.

Thanks. At least now I know that it should be quiet. I can't see anything obviously wrong so I think I will try a different set of blades to start.

mikes landscaping
04-26-2010, 04:02 PM
haha is Stephen Roy the only dealer around? I just picked up a used diesel. I'm down in Cranston and he's a hike
Posted via Mobile Device