View Full Version : Would you rather?

KPW LawnCare
04-23-2010, 09:28 PM
A set up of

All zero turns

All standers

Or all walk behinds

Which one would you choose and why.

For me it would be all walk behinds. Have a 36'' and either a 48'' or a 52'' one. Dont need a big trailer and can be used on every lawn.

topsites
04-23-2010, 09:32 PM
All walk behinds, because it's the most fuel and cost efficient, best all-around
one-size fits all machine, it is the only mower that can do every yard, wet or hilly,
big or small, only drawback is certain gates but oh well!

JB1
04-23-2010, 09:37 PM
all depends on what your doing for us its one 60" and the rest are 66" ztr's.

clean_cut
04-23-2010, 10:01 PM
All walk behinds, because it's the most fuel and cost efficient, best all-around
one-size fits all machine, it is the only mower that can do every yard, wet or hilly,
big or small, only drawback is certain gates but oh well!

Either walk behinds or standers.

I would probably go with walk behinds, they can do almost every yard (including hills), and are more cost effective.

brodo374
04-23-2010, 10:38 PM
Can't let go of my belt driven 36" toro walke behind. I have a ztr and am replacing it with another ztr but the walk behind makes about 75% of my money. It is simple which means little can go wrong [i.e. hydro hose, hydro pumps, fuses, safety switches] and is used on majority of my yards....I see less walk behinds every year but do not understand why. I believe may people get caught up in the hype and overbuy their equipment.

Hoy landscaping
04-24-2010, 10:33 AM
all ztr's becasue im a lazy fattass!

mowerbrad
04-24-2010, 10:53 AM
I'd say all ztr's because I can actually put large bagging systems on them, not the small side baggers.

I've been running my business with just a ztr and 21" mower and the 21" gets used maybe an hour a week....so I could actually run my business with just ztrs.

georgiagrass
04-24-2010, 03:16 PM
My guys say ZTRs. I say WB. WB is clearly the most versatile. Also, it has better customer acceptance in our business, which is mostly residential.