PDA

View Full Version : Slammed on the brakes to watch a guy use his string trimmer

Merkava_4
04-23-2010, 11:53 PM
I did ... I was on my way to the supermarket when off to the the right was a guy in his front yard using a Stihl FS 90R. I slammed on the brakes to make a sharp right turn and pulled up in front of the guys house real quick. The look on the guy's face was priceless, and then when I said I stopped there just look at his string trimmer, I could tell he thought I was NUTZ!! :laugh: I started asking him a bunch of questions, but he said he just bought the string trimmer an hour ago and was using it for the first time before I showed up. It sounds great - doesn't have the high pitched scream of a 2-cycle. :)

topsites
04-23-2010, 11:59 PM
That is very improper driving, I dare say it borders on reckless endangerment
but I do believe it certainly qualifies as loss of control.

Merkava_4
04-24-2010, 12:01 AM
It's all good - it was Clovis Avenue - 3 lanes and nobody behind me for miles. :)

clean_cut
04-24-2010, 12:36 AM
Hahahahah, I can just imagine the look on his face... You ummm... want to look at my trimmer? :laugh:

AOD
04-24-2010, 01:18 AM
You slammed on your brakes to check out a guy's trimmer. C'mon. I could see maybe to check out a nice car, truck, bike or boat. Maybe even a chainsaw, but a trimmer!?

rain man
04-24-2010, 01:19 AM
"Take it...take it man. Just don't hurt me"

Merkava_4
04-24-2010, 01:33 AM
You slammed on your brakes to check out a guy's trimmer. C'mon. I could see maybe to check out a nice car, truck, bike or boat. Maybe even a chainsaw, but a trimmer!?

That's right ... a string trimmer. :D

Alan0354
04-24-2010, 01:46 AM

Don't under estimate the bond between a man and the trimmer.............!!!!............:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sammy
04-24-2010, 02:26 AM
Man, life in Clovis must be.....well.....ahhhhh.....boreing ?

Merkava_4
04-24-2010, 03:00 AM
It was until I got to see a professional string trimmer in action ... that was cool. :)

Alan0354
04-24-2010, 05:20 AM
It was until I got to see a professional string trimmer in action ... that was cool. :)

You never said what do you use.

MikeKle
04-24-2010, 11:51 AM
All that just to see an FS90 operating?...WHY? Sure they sound like a quad runner, but their not that great.

bln
04-24-2010, 01:31 PM

It's not the fact that he slammed on the brakes to watch, buit it is so boring he wrote about it.

Alan0354
04-24-2010, 02:50 PM

It's not the fact that he slammed on the brakes to watch, buit it is so boring he wrote about it.

Hey don't knock that. I live in big city, all the nice cars and all. I turn head when I saw someone with a trimmer in action and look at what they use!!! As I said before, never under estimate the bond between the man and the trimmer!!!!:laugh::laugh:

Zak's Pro. Lawn Care
04-24-2010, 09:03 PM

or a really hot blonde hahahahah