PDA

View Full Version : what are you going to do?

sal rodriguez
04-24-2010, 12:19 AM
47 yr old Brett Michaels felled with a brain hemorrage. Who knows if he will be able to resume his professional career and if so to what capacity. Do you have a plan B in the case that something like this happens to you. What if you can't install lights, dig in trees, install sprinkler pipes and valves. What are you going to do?

David Gretzmier
04-24-2010, 12:47 PM
term Life insurance, long term care insurance, and Aflac insurance. those 3 things cost about 150 a month and provide excellent peace of mind #1 multi-million insurance to my wife and 4 children in the event of my death, or 12k a month in cash to cover expenses over and above health insurance if I am confined to a nursing facility, and finally aflac replaces earned income for up to 2 years of health issues as well for living expenses for my family.

I also continue to push for my business to be self run-the next two steps in growth, this year and next , and stage 2 which is in 5 years, will make the Christmas division a reality. landscape lighting divsion, however, will be 10 years away or more.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
04-24-2010, 04:11 PM
Death or in-capacitance, either way we just sell the business to Sal and the family will be very well taken care of. :laugh:

sal rodriguez
04-24-2010, 06:30 PM
Death or in-capacitance, either way we just sell the business to Sal and the family will be very well taken care of. :laugh:

I need a thesaurus beside my computer to decipher your posts. Incontinence? why bring that up. That's a private matter.

emby
04-24-2010, 07:27 PM
47 yr old Brett Michaels felled with a brain hemorrage. Who knows if he will be able to resume his professional career and if so to what capacity. Do you have a plan B in the case that something like this happens to you. What if you can't install lights, dig in trees, install sprinkler pipes and valves. What are you going to do?

Although that scenario would just plain suck I am pretty sure that's not what I would be thinking after hearing or reading that tid bit of news. I could not imagine going through life worrying that some guy from lawnsite named sal is texting his posts while driving and accidentally directs his car onto the front lawn of the house that I was installing lights.
Positive thoughts Pete, cmon you can do it!! :)

Plan B is what I call ICE ( In Case of Emergency). Business/life and etc. insurance is our way of preparing for such things and that provides us with peace of mind. Pretty expensive and just more to the overhead but it is what is but we sleep good every night.

Ken

extlights
04-24-2010, 08:25 PM
I have good insurance for one and secondly I'm fortunate enough that the income from the lighting business isn't used to take care of my family. So if something happened and I can't dig trenches or hook up lights.....well I guess we'd be ok.

Classic Lighting
04-24-2010, 09:07 PM
I'd apply for every government benefit I could. I'd start playing the games that our welfare population live on. Business taxes eat me alive, not to mention SS.
It would be my time to play the game. PS- just joking, somewhat. I have insurance. It would be a lifestyle change, but I'd survive.

Billy Bishop
05-12-2010, 10:33 AM
If i am ever hurt and cannot install low voltage landscape lighting I will start building websites and work with Google. Check it out.

This page is all about low voltage outdoor lighting (http://www.lowvoltage-outdoor-lighting.com).

extlights
05-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Yeah, and I would make sure that you took an English and writing class before putting a site like this up.;)

David Gretzmier
05-12-2010, 08:26 PM
thanks billy, and trust me NO one on here thinks you posted that link to send traffic to your site and help your ad reates for google. what a great way to introduce yourself here !