PDA

View Full Version : Toro or Lesco??????

mr.phil
04-24-2010, 03:07 AM
I need the forums help in making a very important equipment purchase. I have about 20 residential customers now and plan on expanding to about 50 next month. My funds are limited right now and I have the option of purchasing a used Lesco 32" walk behind with a 14 h.p. commercial Kawasaki engine(couple of years old);sulki attachment included for $600 or a used 4 year old Toro Timecutter 44" cut and a 16 hp Briggs engine zero turn lawnmower for $1,000.

I currently have a Troy Bilt 42" Pony and a Troy Bilt push lawn mower. Please give me some helpful info on this matter. Like I wrote at the beginning of this tread about the quantity of customers I have now and also the Quantity I plan on achieving next month. I also Plan on getting at least 8 commercial clients next month also. I now realize that the Troy Bilt has some serious limitations but for at the time it was all i could afford. I've accomplished some well respected clients that i know are going to refer me to friends and family and the last thing i need is to not be able to perform due to equipment failure. thanks for talking the time to read this and i look forward to reading your helpful responses!

lawnboy852
04-24-2010, 03:39 AM
I would say toro without a doubt. I had bad luck with my lesco 32, and just hated the machine. Some may argue to go with the Kaw engine though, as some are not a fan of the briggs on the toro.

mr.phil
04-24-2010, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the response! What kind of problems did you have with the Lesco? Have you used one with the sulki?

Pro-Scapes
04-24-2010, 11:17 AM
Toro Hands down. Its all we run and besides a bad spindle from the factory which was fixed we have had zero issues with 2200 hours on the machine besides regular wear parts (tires belts etc)

I MOW ALONE
04-24-2010, 12:39 PM
i would go lesco over a timecutter

mr.phil
04-24-2010, 11:11 PM
Thanks for all the help!! I made the purchase of the Toro time Cutter and let me tell you it's like night and day compared to my Troy Bilt Pony. i talked the gentleman down to $800.00! i don't want to sell my Troy Bilt due to the fact that I "m still covered under warranty until April of next year but I may Bless someone else with it and take the funds to purchase the Lesco also. I just came into a lot of commercial customers today so I figured I'd need the Lesco also! The rest of my equipment in my set is commercial rated but at the present moment the Timecutter is all I can afford right now but I figure if I take care of it properly it well take care of me! Thanks for reading this and I want to thank all of you guys that responded to my question!