PDA

View Full Version : mowing a cemetary

gmcplowtruck
04-24-2010, 01:31 PM
may be able to take over mowing of cemetary 10 acres mow weedwack and blow off head stones what is the going rate per acre for one

Zak's Pro. Lawn Care
04-24-2010, 09:06 PM
this is funny you post this bc just the other day i was driving past a cemetary on my way to school and thought of how time consuming mowing and weekwacking a cemetary would be...good luck

cemeterymower
04-29-2010, 04:21 PM
First it depends on your area of the country , just under a 1000 an acre per year is a good start for the south. Less up North . When I started over 15 yrs ago it was 400 an acre. That tells you about inflation. You may get other prices from others.

Ketron Enterprise LLC
04-29-2010, 11:01 PM
I have two cemetaries, one is 66acres and the other is 15acres. Bidding depends on the lay of the land, types of markers(flat or stand up), and how much landscaping there is. The 66acre cemetary we manage to get done in one day with over 10,000 markers, 5 miles of roadways/parking lots, etc.... There is good money in cemtarys, but there is a lot of headache as well. Hit a marker, your looking at 1,000min to replace the marble and bronze(flat style), or hit a stand up and your looking at near 3,000. How do i know? first year i had the 66acre one of my guys failed to tell me his diabetes caused poor eyesite. He ran most of the year and would FLY on our great dane ZTR, and then BAM!! he ran over a marker and quit that day, leaving me to turn it in on my insurance. Cemetaries are also much more picky than a homeowner or business. People will complain on anything when it comes to their deceased loved ones. There is no real number on bidding cemetaries, just find out what others in your area have went for in the past and bid accordingly. Good luck!

bohiaa
04-29-2010, 11:18 PM
I have two cemetaries, one is 66acres and the other is 15acres. Bidding depends on the lay of the land, types of markers(flat or stand up), and how much landscaping there is. The 66acre cemetary we manage to get done in one day with over 10,000 markers, 5 miles of roadways/parking lots, etc.... There is good money in cemtarys, but there is a lot of headache as well. Hit a marker, your looking at 1,000min to replace the marble and bronze(flat style), or hit a stand up and your looking at near 3,000. How do i know? first year i had the 66acre one of my guys failed to tell me his diabetes caused poor eyesite. He ran most of the year and would FLY on our great dane ZTR, and then BAM!! he ran over a marker and quit that day, leaving me to turn it in on my insurance. Cemetaries are also much more picky than a homeowner or business. People will complain on anything when it comes to their deceased loved ones. There is no real number on bidding cemetaries, just find out what others in your area have went for in the past and bid accordingly. Good luck!

HOLY MOLY MAN....66 acres

talk about seeing dead people !!!!

meets1
04-29-2010, 11:33 PM
66 acres - can you tell me more? Guys, machines, trimmers for 5 miles, etc. Cost?? I mow a few but nothing that big but with 3 guys, 3 Z's and two trimmers - I do pretty good in a day but 66 acres without a wam or tri??

clean_cut
04-29-2010, 11:39 PM
66 acres sounds huge to me, it'd probably take me all week to get it done :laugh:

Cooter
04-30-2010, 08:41 AM
I would also like to know the most popular mower for cemetery's. We run mid mounts and stand on Deeres.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ketron Enterprise LLC
05-01-2010, 12:54 PM
The best mower for a cemtary is a 3 wheeler. WHY?? u might ask. Its the only mower other than a basic riding mower where you can put someone with almost no experience on and not have thousands of dollars of damage to the property. Ive done it many times before and only had a vase or two bent. The other reason is that unlike a ZTR, a 3 wheeler will hold a hill much better than any ZTR made! This is a fact, not an opinion. We mow a few hills at the 66 acre cemetary that are almost straight up and down by leaning off the side of the 3 wheeler in case they flip. So far, we;ve not flipped a mower, but the previous crew flipped one and way back in the day, one of their maintenance guys flipped one. If your cemetary is flat and you have experience ZTR operators, your best bet is a 48" to 60" ZTR. newer cemetaries are spaced out evenly and a 60" deck works best. Old cemtaries are uneven and not spaced in clean rows, so a smaller deck works better on those. One advantage i forgot to mention on a 3 wheeler is that once the mowing is done, you can fold down the armrests and attach your backpack blower, allowing you to ride the cemtary and blow all the markers off without having to walk it all. Saves time and about 10 miles of walking :walking: