PDA

View Full Version : you baggers.dump from seat? or 3 bagger

TONTAGE
04-24-2010, 01:26 PM
wondered how many of the baggers out there are using the dump from the seat vs 3 bagger set up?pros?cons?

Lawn Pawn
04-24-2010, 01:39 PM
I only bag the Spring and Fall clean-ups.......

Only have ever used the three bag.

Seems the downside to a dumper would be getting it where it always needs to be.... like up in a trailer or back in thick brush if you dump on site?

mowerbrad
04-24-2010, 03:33 PM
I've only used the 3-bag systems and wouldn't consider anything else. Using the bag type systems, I can dump the grass/leaves anywhere that I need to (truck bed, trailer, woods, yard waste container, etc). With the dump from the seat systems you are limited as to where you can put the debris, only places where you can dump would be on the trailer or in the woods (so long you can access the area).

The only benefit I see in the dump from the seat systems is that you don't have to get off the mower to empty the hopper.

I prefer the 3-bag units.

TONTAGE
04-24-2010, 10:46 PM
good points.thanks guys!

P.Services
04-24-2010, 11:20 PM
But when your set up with a vac on the trailer it makes for super fast drive by dumping. And on a resi clean up when I'm dumping twice a minute that matters. The clam shels tend to be super heavy though and they don't hold as much as a 3 bag. For leaves I woulkd do a clam, for clippings I would do a 3 bag.
Posted via Mobile Device

AOD
04-24-2010, 11:37 PM
The 3 bag looks more versatile and can dump anywhere, but it can be time wasting to manualy dump each bin every few minutes.

I kind of like turf sweepers myself, although the new Smithco Sweep Star is a complete POS

P.Services
04-25-2010, 02:50 PM
Yeah a old olathe sweeper is about as good as you can get.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tharrell
04-25-2010, 02:57 PM
I had a 3 bagger when I was stationed at FWB, Florida one time.
Thank god some other fool thought she was only a 2 bagger and stole her away.
Hey, it's sunday. Gotta lighten up some today.