PDA

View Full Version : why we buy from dealers

sfddelta1
04-24-2010, 05:40 PM
There was a post up a couple of weeks ago about buying from a local dealer or buying from home depot or lowes

here is a prime example of y I buy from a local dealer. Thursday I was tied up in a meeting with a new customer. One of my crews calls me and they had broken the belt for the blades on their 757 deere.

So I make a quick call to the local dealer they say they will take care of it. When they pulled in the parking lot the tech was standing there with the belt in his and had it on before and was putting the covers back on when I got there.

It cost me a 120 bucks for a half hour of labor and the belt. Alot of money but there is no telling how much money it saved me in getting right back on the route vs my guys screwing around our shop for 2 hours changing it.

So that is why I deal with the local dealer

E

MrRob
04-24-2010, 05:52 PM
we carry spare belts in each truck & every guy on a crew can swap em out...could of saved you a drive to the dealer!

JFGauvreau
04-24-2010, 06:00 PM
Ya I was going to say that, spare parts and equipment tools are always handy.

sfddelta1
04-24-2010, 07:20 PM
Not sure why we did not have a spare belt on the truck ...... it always seems like it takes half a day for the crew to change a belt if I am not there.

I knew they could not screw around if they went to state line turf and they were only 10 minutes from there

E

rcslawncare
04-24-2010, 07:22 PM
yea, Deere responders are really good I here.

topsites
04-24-2010, 08:18 PM
Oh really, around here it takes 30-60 days for that kind of a repair,
good thing it's a simple thing otherwise it takes them 6 months to a year,
why I don't buy from dealers anymore.

Although I also don't buy from Lowe's / HD anymore either.

Alan0354
04-24-2010, 08:56 PM
Not all people are rich to just throw it to the dealer and pay.

mowerknower
04-24-2010, 11:41 PM
Oh really, around here it takes 30-60 days for that kind of a repair,
good thing it's a simple thing otherwise it takes them 6 months to a year,
why I don't buy from dealers anymore.

Although I also don't buy from Lowe's / HD anymore either.

Sorry, I dont believe what you just wrote. There is no way any dealer will take 2 month to fix a lco mower and still be in business. Even the crappy dealers around here get them fixed in a week. We are always same day unless we need to order parts.

mowerknower
04-24-2010, 11:42 PM
Not all people are rich to just throw it to the dealer and pay.

HMM, he would have had to buy the belt anyways. So the only extra he is paying is 1/2 hour labor. Probably about 35 bucks. If it takes his guys half a day to figure out how to put on a belt I think he came out way ahead.

MrRob
04-24-2010, 11:52 PM
Sorry, I dont believe what you just wrote. There is no way any dealer will take 2 month to fix a lco mower and still be in business. Even the crappy dealers around here get them fixed in a week. We are always same day unless we need to order parts.

you have must not spent time at a crappy dealer. This is the reason we run the brands we run. We'd love to run Toro or exmark, we just cant get em fixed when we have a major breakdown.

mowerknower
04-25-2010, 12:08 AM
you have must not spent time at a crappy dealer. This is the reason we run the brands we run. We'd love to run Toro or exmark, we just cant get em fixed when we have a major breakdown.
\
I have already spend multiple nights this season at the shop unitl 2-3 am to get lcos up and running by 7 in the morning. (Im on salary so I didnt even get over time).
I guess thats why its more important to buy from a good dealer that it is to just buy a certain brand.
It really pissed me off that some dealers don't give a crap about lcos, you guys are making a living off these mowers, and it is our job to keep you cutting.
We even garrantee that a homeowners mower (bought from us) will be fixed in 5 days or less. If not they get a loaner.

MrRob
04-25-2010, 12:11 AM
\
I have already spend multiple nights this season at the shop unitl 2-3 am to get lcos up and running by 7 in the morning. (Im on salary so I didnt even get over time).
I guess thats why its more important to buy from a good dealer that it is to just buy a certain brand.
It really pissed me off that some dealers don't give a crap about lcos, you guys are making a living off these mowers, and it is our job to keep you cutting.
We even garrantee that a homeowners mower (bought from us) will be fixed in 5 days or less. If not they get a loaner.

I wish you ran dealers around me!