PDA

View Full Version : etrack on open trailer - hauling mulch?

rbeitz
04-24-2010, 05:07 PM
I just upgraded my 5x10 trailer to a 6.5x12 and I would like to use etrack for my tie downs. I will use the trailer to haul mulch and mushroom soil a couple of times per year. If I have the etrack will the mulch and soil wash out of it with a pressue washer or will I permanently clog up the etrack doing this?

C & T Landscaping
04-24-2010, 05:25 PM
I would think it would clog it up. My idea would be to get a piece of wood wider than the Etrack like a piece of plywood 12" wide. Then just screw it down using a few screws. Each time you haul soil or mulch just use the same screw holes from last time.

rbeitz
04-24-2010, 09:16 PM
I would think it would clog it up. My idea would be to get a piece of wood wider than the Etrack like a piece of plywood 12" wide. Then just screw it down using a few screws. Each time you haul soil or mulch just use the same screw holes from last time.

Thanks for the reply. That may work or I could just try to cover the entire floor with plywood when I needed too. Now that I think about it, I could problably cut a rubber mat to the exact size. There would be no seams and it should lay nicely on top of the etrack. It would be easy to wash off afterwards and would roll up for storage.

GravelyGuy
04-24-2010, 10:44 PM
It would work, may be a pain though. You would have to take off the plastic end caps on the track to wash the stuff out.