PDA

View Full Version : Can you meet or beat this price?

C4chris70
04-24-2010, 08:20 PM
Got a call from a client today to see if I would be willing to beat this price she was quoted from an ad on craigslist. I said I could not even come close. She forwarded me a copy of the ad as follows:

Monthly Lawn Service ONLY $39.99 (Pasco and Pinellas)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-04-23, 4:49PM EDT
Reply to: Cel_4t@yahoo.com [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Jim here for S&J Property Maintenance letting all know that we currently are offering our Lawn Service at Just $39.99 Per Month! This includes both summer and winter service with Cut, Weed Wack, and Blow (Light Edging included as well). We are Licensed and Professional serving the Bay area for almost 10 years now :) We also are currently offering 10% off ALL Mulching, Rocking, and Bush Trimming

We have great Senior, Military, and FL Resident Discounts to take full advantage of!!

Contact me via E-mail at Cel_4t@yahoo.com to set up an appt. or at (727)-935-5453 anyday until 9pm (If no answer please leave a detailed message) Thanks

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1706877064

dhunterd08
04-24-2010, 08:24 PM
i dont see how??????? unless 39.99 is for a 5x10 yard and smaller lol.

C4chris70
04-24-2010, 08:26 PM
Prices are very low in Pinellas county due to the small yards and what seems like thousands of LCO's, but this is rediculous even for here.

unkownfl
04-24-2010, 08:30 PM
Yeah cheapest I go is 70 but I spray the beds and tree rings for weeds. Thats on a 12 month fixed contract.

topsites
04-24-2010, 08:30 PM
There are a lot of scams making the rounds, she better make SURE she gets
that in writing and notarized, then have her lawyer review it.

Or she may yet find the little hidden clause.

I always advise my customers to be careful of deals that sound TOO good to be true.
Now if the price is $5 less than mine, maybe 10, whatever, but when it's just way out there?
And I don't care how cheap, unless they know this guy?

And when it's not the money it could be inexperience...
Some new dude comes in and cuts that yard at 2.5 inches and ruins it the day the temps hit 90!
Come September, why's my yard look like schitt?

Better yet, the guy stops showing up because it's too hot outside...
Or maybe he found a job.

I'm telling you, they wouldn't be the first to get took.
There is ALWAYS a reason for cheap.

whosedog
04-24-2010, 08:42 PM
The way it reads, they cut once a month?

topsites
04-24-2010, 08:42 PM
Oh, one more thing...

We are Licensed and Professional serving the Bay area for almost 10 years now

Wtf is this, ALMOST 10 years?

Because everybody else I meet out there always says that too...
10, 20, 30 years we've been doing this.
And I mean EVERYBODY!
Always!

I don't even ask them, they volunteer it!
Why?

Speaking strictly in statistical terms, the chances of any of it being true are slim.

So I think the whole lot of them are FOS :waving:

anotherturfgeek
04-24-2010, 08:43 PM
my truck don't leave the shop for less than $35 a week and they only get that price if I have another next door or in the same neighborhood.

I would let this moron have at it. It will make you look like a genius when you can tell her "I told you so" after he screws it up...

C4chris70
04-24-2010, 08:44 PM
The way it reads, they cut once a month?

I could be wrong, but thats not how I read it.

Zak's Pro. Lawn Care
04-24-2010, 08:52 PM
this craigslist stuff is bull i don't see how ppl would even trust these guys with extremely low prices...they are probably casing out the houses